Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 127 Ch. 1280 - The Takamura Statue Saw That...

Contributor
He's coming back, just a matter of the situation is that finally does it. With his name still floating out there as being the common factor with all those other boxers, I wouldn't be surprised if the big boy himself calls him out.

Dex-chan lover
that melancholic ass look in the last panel tho, even Ippo knows he's living in denial at this point

Fed-Kun's army
We’re getting there boys. I kinda like the slowly-but-surely pace, but I do hope it doesn’t take long after Sendo’s fight.

Dex-chan lover
Folks hating on Kumi. What woman isn't going to see another chick going after her man and want her to fuck off? What guy wouldn't get mad seeing another dude trying to pick up his girl?

People keep forgetting Kumi's only trying to keep Ippo out of the ring because the boy was practically killing himself, and she hates that the only two people she's really got left in her life are in a meat-grinder profession where the point is that you keep going until you're too injured to function properly anymore. It comes from a place of love and care and fear-of-loss.

Just because y'all want to see him box forever doesn't mean the people around him do, and it doesn't make them bad for feeling that way.

@Kayriel People are more pissed about the combination of her being ultra-possessive while not taking the relationship anywhere. Ippo is also a dumbass because of it, but at least he doesn't have a yandere act to go with his neutron-star density.

Her not wanting him to box anymore would be fine and dandy on it's own, but in combination with the above attitude it just comes off as manipulative to the point that she has his trainees report to her. Her feelings may come from a place of love, but it doesn't make them good per sè.

Nobody thinks she's a bad person because she feels some way or another. Ippo's mom never got flak for feeling things about Ippo boxing or never seeing his fights. Kumi actively interferes with something everyone in the audience wants to see, and everyone knows she will fail, so it's just a constant annoyance that occupies pages that could be used to move the actual plot without her making threatening faces.

C92VcHW.png

@Kayriel
my problem with Kumi isn't that she doesn't want Ippo to fight 'cause she's worried about him, I get that and I can agree with that. My problem is that she completely disregard what Ippo wants and that's not good in a relationship (and they didn't even have a real relationship right now), she ONLY thinks about herself and doesn't care about what he wants or if he's happy ('cause you can see it in the end, despite what he says he's NOT happy). She has decided on him possibly being punch drunk and made him make that promise and she doesn't really care anymore, all the while not even making real progress on their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Ippo seems like a man completely content with his life as it is. I am also very stupid.

that cunt is abusive as fuck, push her in the water and leave her

Users who are viewing this thread