Hajime no Ippo - The First Step - Vol. 128 Ch. 1290 - It Was the Same for Me

Well they all won, hope they can keep this win streaks going. Keep winning and the Japanese titles might not be far away for them.

@darekpawlo I literally lost hope at this point, this is the first chapter I have ever read since 2+ months ago and I love this manga, its my favourite, I re-read HnI about 3 times now. I love it that much but this arc is just fucking painful and this just isnt Ippo's personality I used to know. From what I've heard HnI volume sales are dropping too, so hopefully he will make a comeback soon already...

@carl28593 the only thing he got is his speed. As he goes up in ranks it does less and less for him.

The thing what can bring Ippo back at this point is either Sendo loses with something really bad happening with him or the old man dies and Ippo's gonna regret it.
As the last x chapters are so melancholic I cant find any "happy" way for a comeback.

the author got wrote himself into a corner by never giving ippo any character development, there is no way that ippo is going back into the ring while risking brain damage and gimping his and his mother life in the process.

Dex-chan lover
hopefully that "what else will happen" will be Ippo wanting to get back into boxing

here's hoping!

prediction: before ippo gets back in the ring, he's gonna help all the other kamogawa gym members with their slumps, learning the mistakes of his career and understanding the role of the seconds better. considering how long this manga is morikawa sensei probably gonna take at least 50 chapters to wrap it up

I still can't see Ippo not returning to the ring. To me, it's an inevitability. There's been too many little hints pointing toward it happening. I just can't help but feel that once he does return, that the end won't be as out of sight anymore.
Maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist. But at the same time, it feels like we're stuck in some sort of weird loop since he's retired that's not quite as entertaining as it was. It's hard to belive it's been almost two years.

Double-page supporter
Why is the author (and Ippo) talking like the Coach is dead?

I have realized this for a long time, but Morikawa really likes to set up these "moments" that he tries to force into being dramatic or meaningful with some "poignant" message. But they end up either completely disregarded or contradicted a few chapters later.

Case in point: Ippo beating himself up over using "violence" outside of the ring against Tahei for multiple chapters, and eventually getting a scolding from Kamogawa for his behavior (plus 3 months of cleaning duties). Meanwhile, Takamura regularly attacks people inside and outside of the gym for no good reason (while Ippo was justified). Most recently Takamura sexually assaulted Aoki, and possibly ruined his career (no more frog punches) but Kamogawa turns a blind eye.

Dex-chan lover
aoki anus collapsing reveal mid fight made me laugh so fucking hard too everyone appears to be losing steam lmfao

Users who are viewing this thread