Hajime no Ippo - Vol. 128 Ch. 1292 - Ippo, Onwards to Mexico!

Aggregator gang
And another crotch joke! How many of them in a row is that? :eek:

Power Uploader
Thanks for translation, it's always fun to see Kumi, I wonder why she takes so long to go into action... he's basicly free now.

Dex-chan lover
I always thought that Ippo would start boxing again when something would happen to Sendo or Miyata. Maybe retired, maybe even seriously injured.

... I'm actually starting to think that Takamura might have to retire, with all this talking about obligation. And THAT would get ippo back in the ring again.

Probably because she is a man in a dress, i mean, if the author did his research with mexican adult comic books from the 80's and 90's, which sometimes feature a WIDE array of themes, including lucha libre.

so.. what does Dekamaras means? why does their pose looks like balls and dick?

Aggregator gang
@ocdmn I don't know those words either and I speak spanish. By their names it seems like they are either: Mispronunciations of spanish words or a Japanese word play like the ones they use for puns.

Scamaras sounds like Escamas (Scales) Probably related to the butterfly like design.
Marascas sounds like Maracas (A musical Instrument) Maybe Because they are jolly and noisy.
And Ippo's "nickname" Dekamaras sounds like Recamaras (Bedrooms) I don't know, maybe for their "sex" related shenanigans.

I think that Morikawa sensei just thought that they had a funny and "mexican" sound.

Dex-chan lover
@ocdmn @RandomPasserby for me they kind of sound like anagrams for mascaras since they are wearing masks.

As for why their pose looks like balls and dick, since even the woman Ippo crashed with had balls... i think that's just Morikawa's sense of humor, random dick jokes.

Dex-chan lover
Dekamara isn't Spanish, it's Japanese.

Dekamara = HUGE DICK. ENORMOUS PENIS.

It's plural, so the three of them together are the big-dick-crew.

Aggregator gang
That México logo is very recent for the time this manga is portraying.

Aggregator gang
¿Qué está pasando? (What´s going on?)
Atrápenlo (Grab him)
Alguien atrápelo (someone grab him)
¿Un ladrón? (a thief?)

Captain Mexican out.

Fed-Kun's army
lol those spanish phrases... seems like they just put those on google translate without any verification.

I used to like,and route for Kumi,and Ippo.But she's so selfish in many ways.She doesn't support what Ippo loves to do,boxing.Compare this with Date,and Aiko.She supported her husband boxing,his past,and returning to boxing;she was very supportive,proud even.Kumi on the other hand hates the thought of Ippo boxing so much she would force him to not even dare think about boxing.She was even pissed off about him returning as a second then Mexico you could tell she didn't approve.Time for Ippo to drop her for someone that would support him.Kumi is just one huge hindrance holding Ippo back.

Users who are viewing this thread