Hakumei and Mikochi - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Koshian and Birds

Dex-chan lover
That's a very scam sounding lottery: "you can express deliver one package if you fuel the jet and the pilot is in a good mood and he really likes rose wine *wink wink*".

Double-page supporter
@REMasher
The Harbor is in Arabi, which is to the West it seems.

I'm glad they expanded upon birds in this chapter. The lack of consistency has been the one sticking point with the world building so far.

Like in chapter 6 there was a songbird speaking the local language, and here the falcon can only speak in bird. The owl and the crimson bird from previous chapters didn't seem to have higher intelligence and in one chapter Hakumei eats turkey. Guess there might be some sort of bird hierarchy going on here.

So you have to win the lottery, still pay the delivery fee, AND THEN provide food and gift for the bird?!?

Something tells me this service isn't meant for common folk to begin with, hence why they made it a lot of effort to get their service.

@gunnybunny
@ilikepi31415

Oddly enough I think the inhabitants of this fantasy world are likely to practice cross-species cannibalism. Usually taboos have identifiable practical reasons behind them, but eating well-cooked meat from another species is usually safe.

@thedude:
Or they do it the Bhutan way, where peope don't kill the animals they eat, but wait until these animals die of old age or accident..

But i think it's better to stop thinking too much about it and enjoy this wholesome story

Dex-chan lover
@Equilibrium
@midoriha
@ayatome

I'm assuming that a "regular person" (not working for government or a large business) would never even get the chance to use bird-rider delivery, or at least have to wait a long time, so just the opportunity to get the service is valuable. Also, when you think of birds as being semi-feral in this world, it makes sense that they can be fickle, since their partner can't just order them around and it's not even safe for people to even get close to the bird.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn this manga. Seriously.
How long do you guys think it takes the author to finish a chapter? Must take a lot of time! Every single panel is just so damn gorgeous. Then there are times when he throws in a full panel spread and it just defies expectations. Truly an amazing series

Aggregator gang
WOW! I love the worldbuilding of this manga and the double spreads are breathtakingly beautiful!
And we know for sure that they will be back, cause Mikochi never misses with her cooking!

Users who are viewing this thread