Hakumei and Mikochi

Group Leader
To give a brief version of what we wrote on our WordPress, Chapter 39 is the next chapter after 34. No chapters were skipped! We switched to using magazine raws, and the chapters in the magazine use a different numbering system. So read on without fear!

Dex-chan lover
I feel so calm and peaceful reading this. I wonder which chapters will show up in the Anime.

Dex-chan lover
Ch.40 - So that Mimari girl's father was a water strider? Like the insect water strider?!
.... I suppose she got her mother's looks.

I don't know why but Hakumei reminded me of Yotsuba during those swimming lessons

2 Things. Those chapters I don't think are actually missing. I think they are the .1 .2 .3 volume extra's and the 35+ are not missing but a correction of chapter numbers to match the volume release numbers.

The second thing. I try to save re-reading this for bad days. But sometimes I can not resist, this is just so pure and calming that I have to re-read it quite often.

Contributor
@Topweasel
Exactly! This manga is just too gooood! I think I've read the jam and festival one at least 10 times

Dex-chan lover
Best thing about this manga is that it doesn't skimp on tobacco and alcohol.

Are Hakumei and Mikochi really just friends or are they more than that? Sometimes it feels like they are a married couple, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just wondering if the author said anything about their relationship and I just missed it?

Of course they are. It's iyashikei with two girls - spicing it with at least subtext is obligatory.

Other than that overused "trope" (which at this point, after seeing it done countless times in countless series, i really can't consider being anything else than marketing device to expand readership base ; thankfully it doesn't cheapen the experience here - just pointing out general pattern) it's great. Especially art, and super especially when there are color pages.

...just for fun, contrast this series with "Beautiful Darkness" by Vehlmann and Kerascoet.

Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread