Halcyon Lunch

Fed-Kun's army
I found this manga a few years ago on the bookstore at my hometown. I'm glad that I'm buying this manga at that time. The art style and the joke in this manga is great (at least for me :) )

Almost forgot, the series has only 2 volume and I think the story has been completed.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the translations aren't embellishing the humor, 'cause this is fucking hilarious.
The style made me take a second to realize how unserious it was.

>creator of Bradherley no Basha & Blade of the Immortal

Knew the art looked familiar, but holy shit.

Suddenly remembered trying to get into this a long time ago, but couldn't. I think that brief period it took for me to get used to the humor was the kicker - I just didn't bother with the time the first time around.

Contributor
We tried to be as accurate as possible while leaving the humor intact. The proofing took months per chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@ikemen I can't comment on the return on time investment, but I strongly suspect the revisions also contributed to my huge change of opinion. It only occurred to me when I (re)read chapter 8 and recognized that I had already attempted to jump in to this before but failed.

"Embellish" also was definitely not the right word for me to use. I meant I was hoping that it wasn't some kind of troll translation that is intentionally a mile off for humor, 'cause if it was, it was good enough to be its own source material. But lining up the panels and the humorous text is very easy and considering the number of references and other cheesy humor, I believe the accuracy and time commitment claims.

Thank you + team for the super work.

Contributor
@Lithe
A normal group with a leader, schedule and no perfectionists would have done it a lot faster, prolly =)
Glad you liked it.

Fed-Kun's army
This is incredibly strange and a fantastic translation. Thank you.

This entire manga is someone's fetish, crystallized. Also, I feel like there should be a Surreal or Bizarre tag applied to this one because wow.

Users who are viewing this thread