Hanazono-sanchi no Futago-chan - Ch. 24 - Inomura Family's Surprise

Dex-chan lover
I'm genuinely curious why mangaka keep putting this character archetype in every story. The selfish, meddlesome, immature, blackmail-y asshole. Is there secretly a massive fan community for that type out there that needs pandering to? Do they hope that hate will drive sales and buzz, as a "no publicity is bad publicity" ploy? Is this some 200 IQ move where having a complete garbage character in a garbage arc will make the next one look amazing by comparison?

I really don't get it. It's not like the author was trying some bold new thing here that backfired, we've seen this character probably hundreds of times before, and I can't recall a single time where it was well received. There is, or should be, so much data telling the author that nobody likes this. Yet here we are. Somebody enlighten me, please.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, that Kiss reference.

@The_Funniest_valentine Because it's shounen, and it's supposed to be funny somehow at the end, or have a retarded "life lesson" drawn from it.

@brainman Because once upon a time, in some successfull story, the trope worked, and Japanese writers in general can't really get away from certain formats, that's especially true for the shounen genre. I bet in time she's gonna turn out some nice true friend who's yada yada yada.

Am I the only one who doesn't know why the photo even matters at this point? They only needed to convince people that it was Ranko that went on a date with him in the first place, they don't even need to continue faking the relationship

Double-page supporter
Good I hope Momo stays away for the rest of the manga. The dynamic between ranko, yuriko, and tatara already good as it is, there is literally no reason to ruin it.

someone explain how are they in 2 separate grades if their twins cause they pointed out how there born on different days like that's supposed to mean something or maybe I'm just not getting it.

Dex-chan lover
@Braverave
In Japan, the school year starts in April and ends in March. Children who were born between April 2nd and April 1st of the following year [ie April 2, 2020 to April 1, 2021] are placed within the same grade. This could change your child's grade when you move to Japan from another country.

Since, let's say they were born 2005, the older twin born was on April 1, 2005, sh would be included in the April 2, 2004 to April 1,2005 generation. The younger twin would be in the next generation.

Aggregator gang
@brainman Something tells me it might also be the editor chiming in to include that archetype. Remember cliches sell no matter how tired they are especially in manga. The Japanese do love their cliches after all. So it wouldn't surprise me if both or either the mangaka or editor wanted this kind of character in this arc.

Fed-Kun's army
@Senpaisciguy
It's from chapter 1. The "Ranko" in that photo doesn't have her ears pierced. So far, nobody has noticed. But if someone does, they'll know it was Yuriko.

Contributor
Yuriko wasn’t even fully developed yet and you want to add in another pair of twins?

@Senpaisciguy

At this point, it legit doesn’t matter. It’s a Macguffin because there’s no normal way for all of this to happen.

@Misticsan

So you’re telling me that people are going to pore over the whole photo just to see if Ranko has an earring?

Dex-chan lover
@3ds1234 1st, everyone likes cliches... they just like their own favorite cliches. 2nd, twins being in different grades isn't actually that much of a cliche... in fact, it's actually really rare... so that's the opposite of a cliche...

Users who are viewing this thread