Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 28 - The Mismatch Party

Dex-chan lover
@Echonic
Isn't it what's happening, though, with people dropping comments like "faggot," "Dropped," or "aw hell no"? I'm honestly appalled that people can blatantly say shit like that without repercussions.

Dex-chan lover
@Scytale
..You do know that this is the internet right? People can usually say whatever they want freely. I doubt they would say this irl, and it won't beat the overwhelming amount of people who don't care or are just joking about it. It's kinda a gag manga so you don't have to be so serious about it, discrimination will always exist.

Dex-chan lover
1*w4DxUy0PMoqeq25UXfyL0g@2x.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Actually laughed out loud.

Also, why are people calling him gay? He's outright said to be bi. That's way rarer than gay or lesbian characters.

@Echonic
And yet, should people write such offensive stuff? There's a reason posts get moderated and people warned for foul content. Manners and netiquette are important and the internet is not a place without right or law. If one lets shit like that fly, you only allow the community to get nasty. Or even nastier.
And while people tend to be more outspoken in the internet, it transfers to real life as well. So yes, while I'd love to say that I'm shocked to see homophobic comments... I've seen the comments on the manga "my son is probably gay". Not surprised there. The rating is nearly all either a 1 from bigots or a 10 from people who liked it and wanted to counteract the 1.

Twist got me, too, by the way! But so cute xD you rarely see older scarred men blush!

We got lesbians and a bisexual man. I hope we get to see or a trans person or nonbinary, it would be a nice change of pace from your usual manga

Dex-chan lover
@Vofuro
Don't allow it, just know it's completely meaningless. Shit like this happens on a regular basis with just about any site that questions peoples beliefs unconsciously. But all you'd be is another number to fight against people like that, millions of people in this world with the same thought process you have and millions of people have the opposite. What you do however do is look at them like they're all the same, little do you know they think the same of you.

On the brightside all the cute as hell fluff filled manga are regulated to all hell, so at least I don't have to see hateful comments, could also be because I don't search through every manga comment section to find someone to nitpick because they left a spiteful comment anyone can easily ignore. Then again there are also comment sections with literal wars going on, but you don't have to read them.

@Echonic
Oh, it's not meaningless. Every comment I report, every hateful comment that gets moderated is one less polluting an otherwise awesome community. IRL you are absolutely right, people don't change their views due to internet wars or discussions, especially not with strangers. That change has to happen in real life.
And well, all the comment sections of the more popular manga are regulated well, but lesser known manga tend to get some (really) nasty comments, because there are too many comments for every mangadex staff to check through. That's why it's important to report stuff, though, that's obviously hateful/threatening and not in a joking matter.

Also, all hail glorios fluffy manga. May you never die, cooking isekai, adorable slimes, and fluffy cats. We need more fluff. There can never be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread