Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 2 Ch. 37 - Devil Summoning

@TNT261 this kind of complain again. Prejudice and generalization do happen in real life. It's after all, the source of unending conflict in the real world as well. And yeah, the problem could've been solved if only they talk. It's Saito's party on the other side after all. The plump fairy and assassin party had no idea about that though.

But honestly, when you already have heavy prejudice over a certain group of people, would you be willing to negotiate with them? When you believe that most of them of are greedy bastard? When you barely know anything about them? When you know that you still have a way to make them go away without having to interact with them? When you know you'd lost what you dear most if the talk went south?

I don't think so. You'll be a liar if you say you would. Because you'd have no heavy prejudice against them in the first place if you are willing to talk to them without you being cornered or forced to do so.

Regarding the fairy in Saito's party, wouldn't it be easier for the plump fairy to think that the other was under enslavement or contract of some sort? That's how prejudice work after all.

We can always say that there should be another way only because we are just observers. So fair enough.
But on my part, I think that if there will be a talk between them, Saito would be the one who initiate it, not the other way around. He's the person with the least prejudice among those involved here, and the only person who would probably be willing to help due to his nature as an otherworlder and lack of greed. But that'll only happen once the danger had subsided a bit.

Regarding the story, it feels dragged because of how little the pages of this manga has per chapter, coupled with how slow the translation can be. Kinda like those comic strips you used to see on daily newspaper. It's been what? 6 chapters with some extras? Since each chapter has 5-8 pages in average, that 6 chapters are like 3 chapters of weekly shounen manga. About 1 and a half chapter (or less) of a monthly manga.

As for the sudden change in tone, it happens.

I just don't get it. On the manga with a slow, pure slice-of-life tone, people complain about the lack of conflict (especially when isekai theme is also at play). Here when the tone changed into something serious, people still complain because it doesn't fit the slice of life trope.

Group Leader
From happy-go-lucky to dark and gory(?) in a mere chapters, awesome

It's dungeon Meshi all over again.
Which I don't mind cause I love that Manga.

Users who are viewing this thread