Hanebado! - Vol. 12 Ch. 57 - Different Eyes

Dex-chan lover
Press F
I hope she can make friends now! at least 2!

Nice job Hanesaki!!!! to think that weak point was so lethal.

You know what this chapter needs? panels of random people walking on the street and hyperbole about a generation ending over a badminton match....uggg

Last chapter had random panels of the girls studying which had nothing to do with the match. Is the author just trying to pad the chapters?

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 dood, wow dude chill, out of 30 pages, 1 small panel was about girls studying and you complained and this time half a page of people outside and you act like is some naruto filler arc.

The girl sleeping was just Emi, one of Riko's rivals who believed she was one of the most powerful in her generation when in reality she only had some luck in placement, that's why they show her (who is also the only one who didn't stay there) when they were talking about the real stronger players as just a joke, that's how I see it, and if that's not the case still IS JUST ONE SMALL PANEL

The guys outside is not a hyperbole of generation imo is to show the rest of world outside, everyone is going home, is night, they're all going to sleep and done with the day meanwhile in the tournament (their own world) these girls are still going and living the hell out of their lives with passion, that's how I see it... And if that's not the case, is just half a page.

Dex-chan lover
@HOofan_1 it's meant to show they've been at it so long that it's already getting dark, plus it's a huge contrast from the peaceful and normal stuff going outside and the intense battle happening inside, just a mood setter for the result

Tfw mangaka makes a good chapter and some shounen kiddo comes and tries to bash its good points

Group Leader
this is one of the best chapters i've read from this series so far wow

Dex-chan lover
Somehow felt like one of the most worthless cliffhangers yet.

Ah, sports clichés.

Damn this chapter really hits the feels. Losing your last match in high school always sucks especially if you don't plan on continuing to compete afterwards.

HSK

Fed-Kun's army
At least Mashiko won't have to be burdened with that image anymore, especially when she had never wanted it in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, why don't we get to see at least a fraction of Yuika's match? We don't even get to see her opponent. I bet Aragaki and Tsubasa will likewise be just a footnote for Connie. If mangaka weren't so obsessed with making blonde characters look badass and dark-haired characters look like insecure girls who always fight an uphill battle we would be able to get some decent stories out of them. Instead, after that endless bigging up of Rui and depicting her as the final boss this was the biggest dud of the series. Ayano was able to beat the perfect all-round player who is superior to every Japanese player that follows and is better than Ayano in everything by concentrating the entire game on one weak spot? Great writing, dude. You're a genius. Of course, after all that, Yuika and Tsubasa will be total anti-climaxes, because this entire time they've been portrayed as far below Rui, who just got beaten by Ayano.

At least the game-panels were less showy this time. They were more dynamic and showed the progression of the match better than in the last few chapters.
Hopefully I'm wrong and Tsubasa will make Connie sweat a few gallons. Especially I hope Ayano vs Yuika will be a great match in spite of all that went before. Because that's the match I've been looking forward to the entire time. A match between two intelligent and technically skilled players that can't be marred by a writer's obsession with depicting blonde female characters as demi-Gods. I don't even care about Ayano vs Connie. It's just gonna be another round of bigging up the blonde girl, making it seems like Ayano is no match for her and Ayano winning at the last minute.
But as I already said, and it certainly deserves repeating: final boss Rui was one big badly written dud from start to finish.

Can't exactly say I'm any surprised about any game's outcome, since I'm buying the raws and follow them, my Japanese just clearly sucks so getting the dialogue is nice.

As someone who is mainly on the Frejo side, any game that's not played by any of those it automatically less interesting tbh. :p

Looking forward to see Yuika VS Ayano, I'm interested about quite a few bits about the dialogue there.... and it's still a shame that I won't get to see a Connie VS Yuika. Looking much forward to see Komachi again, too

Users who are viewing this thread