Hapi Mari

Contributor
This has been done by Aerandria Scans (vol 1-10) with volume 1-2 in collaboration with Midnight Scans. I'm tagging it no chapter, and not uploading it due them requesting licensed mangas aren't uploaded.

Dex-chan lover
i usually don't like shoujo/josei romances, but i enjoyed this one thoroughly. Female lead as is tradition in shoujo/josei is sometimes annoying and dumb, but not to the point where you want to slit your wrist

I really enjoyed this. No cheating/NTR occurred which usually happens due to a misunderstanding i.e. MCs breakup and then go their separate ways w/ other love interests, only to realize they still like each other, etc. I only wish there was an epilogue showcasing their future.

9/10 - needed an epilogue, and then it would have been a 10.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
The premise is a bit contrived, but once you get past that it's solid gold.

I enjoyed it to an extent.
Their relationship is a little toxic but also intense. Miscommunication everywhere I will say but I appreciated there was no cheating (although tbh I expected it)
The ending felt a little rushed. I like the first 35 chapters. The last 5 were kind..off. Im not really sure how to describe it.
It was funny in some parts but there are also a few contradicting bits.

I give it a solid 8/10 though just because it was still entertaining and I liked a lot of the side characters.

I'm a little angry with this comic. Honestly, it was funny until I saw that he
commented/threatened that he would r*pe her, joke or not that's not okay. He also slapped her. That should never happen.

I'm at chapter 34 currently but I just feel the need to write something down. While I enjoy bits and pieces of this manga (otherwise I woulnd't have come this far) I can't believe it has such a high rating. I would give it a 6, maybe? Their relationship is one of the most toxic ones I have ever come across and I have read a lot of manga.

There are so many things that bothered my like:
First of all he already slapped her twice. There is absolutely no excuse for that. What makes it even worse he slapped her both times because he felt helpless because he did something wrong. Like wth?! Also they are both showing abusive tendencies also in the way they speak with each other. He said multiple times that he should rape her or he calls her names (like bitch). Big fat no go. What got me off completely now is chapter 34. So why in the world would FL need to defend their relationship in front of his EX??? He should have told the ex off himself and defended his wife. He just stood there and looked shocked while poor FL had to listen to all this shit how his ex is a better fit and FL ruined his life. Then after this shitshow went down she lovingly put the bandage on his cheek and he just rips it off. Dude?! And to top it all off, he has to tell the FL about how awesome his ex and their relationship was and how bad he feels about seeing her cry. I just can't take this haha

FL should have went off with Asahina-senpai. As far as I understood he didn't even cheat on her. He was in love with her but they weren't dating when he did it. Even if he cheated he would have been a WAY better catch then this toxic mf Hokuto (this statement says a lot I hate cheaters). I just can't.

Disappointed by the ending
There was no justice for Hokuto's mother, you don't even get to see if his Aunt is punished at all

Dropped. I am appalled by how manipulative, controlling, and abusive ML is. FL is childish and cries at every inconvenience. It seems like these two bring out the worst traits in each other. Their relationship is very toxic it screams codependency instead of love. I should have given up on this sooner instead of reading until chapter 34.

The references to rape were really odd and felt out of place. I'm thinking and hoping the original material said okasu, which can be interpreted as deflower, violate, or fuck. Other than that I enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread