Happiness - Vol. 10 Ch. 50 - Forget-me-not

Not bad at all! Expected the ending to go like this. Honestly poor gosho... But I'm glad she had a happy ending. Thank you for translating and uploading everything in one go!

I really feel sad for Yukkiko. She lose his brother and after his heart-brother. But she got a happy end. She were the more wonderfully character with personality and courage.

I like read Oshimi in listening to the music of Olafur

Aggregator gang
Wow im gonna be thinking of this masterpiece for a while, i wish we got to know more about the vampire lore and saku's backstory at least

Gotta be honest, the only thing kept me from dropping this manga was the fact it was made by Shuzo. The art was phenomenal as usual, the story however... not so much (not at all frankly).

Characters were mostly hate-able, with the exception of Nunota (I dislike how the story just abandoned his existence) and Gosho (as a kid), not a fan of her when she got older, she didn't stop doing dumb things just like every other character, and her motives weren't that strong in my opinion.

The events were mostly predictable and cheesy, specially the final arc, that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lastly, I don't give a single fuck about Nora, I don't know why she spared Okazaki, why she fell in love with him, and why he loved her back. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Dex-chan lover
Man i'm really disappointed with this ending. It's just a shitty "and they lived happily ever after," without ever expanding on the super-natural aspect of the story. Gosho and Makoto's family have been looking for him for years, and when she finally finds him, he goes "hurr durr I can't see you anymore because we live in different worlds." WHY ? There is literally no reason he couldn't see them every now and then. He just went "I'll never forget you" while leaving them to keel over and die.

Dex-chan lover
Was actually kind of surprised this ended without shoehorning Gosho into holding a torch for Makoto. They were important friends till the end. When they started pushing Sado into the picture I'm sitting there scoffing at how his plans are not going to work, but good on him, he won her over and she had a happy life as a result. Makoto stayed with Nora until the end.

The one thing I really wish had been explored more was Nora. She "dies" super early on, and really had no character development until we got to see her life as a human. It's almost hard to imagine why Makoto was so interested in her when really all his interactions with her beforehand was getting turned into a vampire and then her kinda crapping on his friend before they go and get nuked by whatever shadow organization was after them.

@Kutabarie Considering how persistent that organization hunting them down was, it may have been a prudent thoughtfulness not to involve his family and friends in his life too much. I don't know if that's the actual reasoning why he kept everyone at such a distance but given how the story played out, that's immediately what I was thinking when it went down that way.

I wished the ending could have been expanded a bit more, and somethings were changed, but it was a good read nonetheless.

This was honestly a great read, sure everyone dies but at least you get to see makoto and gosho's progression and seeing that makoto still prevents vampires from existing and how him an nora stay together until the end. I dont really understand why people wanted makoto and gosho to date when he literally shows he likes nora romantically and he likes gosho as a friend. Other than that i liked the minimal story and amazing art 9.5/10

Dex-chan lover
Play "We'll Meet Again" by Vera Lynn and understand they'll be walking the face of the earth a billion years from now, until the world is consumed when our star reaches its red giant stage

Fed-Kun's army
Okay it wasnt the ending i was expecting but this author has created some not so satifying ending before, Ill take it. I feel for the MC's ex-bully got the worst of it though which I didnt expect as I'm coming off of some of the other works where the MC is getting fucked. Everyone except the guy who ate his girlfriend got a solid ending so 6/10 i guess.

Dex-chan lover
Gosho suffered too much imo.
Agreed. Oshimi's appetite for visiting extended scenes of brutal torture and ultra-degrading sexual violence on his central female characters totally ruined Drifting Net Cafe for me, and it came close to ruining Happiness. Too bad, because if it weren't for the final stretch at the church compound, I'd have genuinely loved this story.

Dex-chan lover
While i liked Gosho as a character (even if she doesnt really develop much as a character over the 10 year jump), i feel like she really overshadowed most of the story in this one. It really feels like the manga should be 50 or so more chapters where we get to see Makoto and Nora actually grow and develop together. Its nice seeing a main girl end up truly happy in a Oshimi Shuzo manga but holy hell, she took up way too much time in this one.

Dex-chan lover
Agreed. Oshimi's appetite for visiting extended scenes of brutal torture and ultra-degrading sexual violence on his central female characters totally ruined Drifting Net Cafe for me
Is it that bad? i was thinking of reading that manga but the sexual violence tag made me worry.

Users who are viewing this thread