Happiness

Fed-Kun's army
This as a manga by itself is cool, have a good art and all
But after reading Aku no Hana and Chi no Wadachi I was expecting something else, I couldn't really connect with any of the characters
In both mangas that I mentioned above, I was fascinated with every characters, their feelings and way of thinking (especially Aku no Hana with Nakamura, Kasuga, Saeki, Tokiwa, etc)
But here the only character that I was invested was Makoto and he appears on the start and the ending of the story
Overall a interesting manga but lacks Oshimi's characters development and psychological aspects that his other works have

@7megumin7 I am only 10 chapters in but I can totally understand what you're feeling. In authors previous works he focused on a smaller cast of characters while here we get a lot more of them with less focus on developing their personalities but rather the world. It is not necessarily bad, but definitely different. I am a sucker for urban fantasy and so far it seems pretty good, so hopefully it keeps up.

Group Leader
It's... okay. The manga's a prime of example of having an amazing plot and great world building but failing to account for character development and pacing. The manga tried to do too many things, too quickly, and that just leaves so much to be desired. The manga is still a memorable read however, just not as good as the author's more famous works (which is a testament to how great the author is if anything)

Honestly started really top tier, devolved into meh. So many plot points introduced, just for all of them to have horrible conclusions since the ending was so obviously rushed.

First off, the relationship between the main character and Nora was so sudden. It's just in one moment, he's all friendly and happy with Gosho along with his family, then he suddenly decides it's better to run off and leave with Nora after one kiss/feeding.

The main character then gets captured and experimented on, thought that'd be interesting, only for a ten year time-skip to happen immediately after. Unexpected, but no biggie. As long as there's obvious effects from the ten year imprisonment on the main character. Yet, nothing. Both Nora and Saku were literally torn apart, yet the main character is just fine. No trauma, no obvious wounds/scars, he just wakes up and escapes.

With help from the same person that tried to kill him multiple times, Saku. Once again, another plot point that was ruined. Clearly had a backstory with Nora, never explained. It also isn't explained why he wants to kill the main character in the first place either. Or why he saved the main character. No good explanation, just some "talking to you made me feel human again" crap, despite only having negative and/or rushed interactions with the main character.

And Nora herself, for such a important character (or something), she had one chapter explaining her backstory... with no words. Are we supposed to draw our own conclusions or something? And after that, both the main character and Nora wake up in a cave somewhere in hobo rags, just to walk off into the sunset together, with either no conclusions or unsatisfying ones to a lot of previously interesting plot points like what the company was doing to vampires, Saku's existence in its entirety, Yuki's transformation and subsequent kidnapping, and the question of why, just why the main character seemingly cares so much about someone that has literally only ever made his life harder, + more.

I just don't get what everyone sees in this story. The art is really the only redeemable part, I'd give it an 8/10, simply because the action scenes felt a bit one note. On the other hand, I'd give the story... Well, if it delivered on everything it tried to put in the story, a good 9/10. But since it didn't, the story is a solid 4/10.
Overall, 5/10.

Users who are viewing this thread