Happy Harem Making with the Mightiest Orc! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
@The_Absolute_Bastard
I just skimmed this and see no real issues.
however let me help you with how do go about a redraw in a way that may be faster.

#1 do ALL of the typesetting first, figure out what absolutely NEEDS to be done and do it, my old method for doing this was just a full hard white out of the area that the japanese was, and see what I can get away with, looking at page 2, you seem to take a piss with the cock you got, not the one you want approach.

#2 looking at the lines and what was redrawn... here I did a quick thing

https://imgur.com/HfgTDYq

I got clip studio a while ago and never really tried using it, I did 3 methods to block out text, a chunky selection, a 'minimal' selection, and a stupidly minimal selection. this is done by using the poly select tool on a seperate layer and filling in, this can easily be done with a mouse.

then for the lines, you use the pen tool, this makes it stupidly easy to line up the lines, as this is a redraw and not an indepth print ready redraw, this is stupidly easy, clip studio allows the manipulation of the lines in program, however photoshop lets you draw the lines and then 'trace' the lines afterword,

now from here, I am assuming you know how to fill in the background and that you know how to mask things with clone tools so some of the more complex backgrounds, see mid right side is not a nightmare to replicate

to get to this point takes... maybe 10~ minutes, given what you did for this page, you are not exactly going for print ready, I think these methods will help make the workload faster going from 1 page a day to probably cranking out a chapter a day of redraws, also note that I increased the size by 400%, it makes working on the files easier, while nothing I did was perfect, its just to show methods that you can rapidly crank out work even without access to a tablet. best of luck with this, what I showed you should work in just about any program, clip studio just happens to be among the best for line work.

so tldr use the poly select to rapidly white out the pages
use the line tool to rough in and make lines for background
fill in as needed
work large and resize down as it makes it FAR easier to work with
Get typesetting done first so you know where to focus effort.

this should get time per page down substantially.

Group Leader
@Geichfhrric
Will it help if you reread what he said?
Acidroach BlankHunter I fully understand that, but I heavily dislike aggregator sites for numerous. Also, I didn't like how the old ones weren't redrawn and was full of grammar issues. I've got the time and capabilities, so I figured I might as well give it a shot.

@GM_Rusaku

Yes, thanks. I read this later indeed. I just started to reread the first three chapters there, and couldn’t find any “major” grammar issues that you can find with “google translate” kind of work. But then again, the post of @Blankhunter was removed (moderated) and I don’t really understand what is meant with “ but I heavily dislike aggregator sites for numerous”.

Anyways, just thought It might help. If it doesn’t, never mind.

Aggregator gang
To those who just got here, stay for the ride. Too elite for a trashy fun read? Off you go then.

Still, reading this again, I stand by my opinion the isekai bit was really unnecessary lmao. It doesn't contribute to anything and the story can stand by itself just fine without it.

Group Leader
@Geichfhrric
His comment was modded by the Moderators because he shared an aggregator link that breaks the rule in MD forums so I suggest you remove the one you have posted too before you get moderated.

@andrmnh yeah I was thinking that, this really doesn't feel like an isekai. The MC acts like a child rather than someone who has reincarnated. "Wahhh I wish I was an orc so I wasn't bullied for being weak" "train with me then" "no don't wanna" "you'll get to shag cute girls" "omg yes where do I sign up"

Aggregator gang
@Imoutolover yeah it woulda made more sense if his only memories since birth was being surrounded by orcs.

Nevertheless the story never touches on the reincarnation bit ever again past this point (if I recall correctly) so it doesn't really matter.

Dex-chan lover
@andrmnh

The reincarnation bit comes into play a bit in chapter 10 when
he opens a pork cutlet stall for that obligatory "muh superior Japanese cuisine" isekai chiche
But yeah, it is still very superficial and doesn't matter. Feels like the author slapped the isekai plot point as an afterthought when he saw isekai was popular.

Dex-chan lover
@andrmnh
I think when he sets up a food stall empire, he does mention using japanese knowledge about food for a second, but that's about it.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, I can see why it got deleted

Keep up the good work though, this is strange in an amusing way

Edit: Oh, thanks for the correction

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the upload of the chapters that were removed, it's great to see the created gaps in chapters being restored.
Keep it up

Dex-chan lover
Hey thanks for translating this series from the beginning, I always wondered how it started. It's not the best series but still looks kinda fun.

Dex-chan lover
One cannot be a true follower of thighs until they have supplicated upon the alter of Touka Scott and offered up naked knee-socks.

Double-page supporter
Oh thanks for translating this, this manga maybe not the best but this is pretty good and noice cultured name translator san😏

Users who are viewing this thread