Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter, Kyou directly confirms that Minori is 14 years old.
That's it. F*ck this wh*re. She disappeared for 17 years, meaning she most likely just vanished while they were in a relationship, 3 years later got preggo by another mf. Now she shows up because this guy most likely was "a nice guy back then" (translation, easy to scam simp. Hell, she even HAS to ask him if he gets frequently scammed IN THIS chapter lmao).

Supporter
Man is so lonely he would take in someone he has had 0 contact in for 17 years because of her smile and presence while she openly just wants to mooch off of him. What a sad man he must be.
Don't particularly want to defend this manga since I'm not sure I'm really interested in it, but as far as I am concerned, I can imagine accepting to provide help to some old friends I haven't seen for 17 years like this guy. It really depends on how we lost contact or how we split. But I'm an old fart, so maybe I'm less high-strung on this type of situation.

Group Leader
Don't particularly want to defend this manga since I'm not sure I'm really interested in it, but as far as I am concerned, I can imagine accepting to provide help to some old friends I haven't seen for 17 years like this guy. It really depends on how we lost contact or how we split. But I'm an old fart, so maybe I'm less high-strung on this type of situation.
Agreed. It's quite amazing, how many people instantly jump to worst case scenario, and see this premise rather as NTR bait, than anything else. It makes me wonder, if there is relation to "engagement" regarding that genre.

Regarding the premise, I'm ironically just like MC 36 years old. If some friend I haven't seen in years come knocking on my door tomorrow and asked me to let him/her and their child to live with me for some time. Then if I had spare place just like MC has, I couldn't care less. As long as they don't become too much of a burden, I see no problem. And having someone for dinner is always nicer than eating alone.
There would have to be a very strong reason, or a long-held grudge for me to refuse them. If she simply ghosted him, it's not nice. But after 17 years, not many would still care enough to hold grudge. At most, I would ask for reason why it happened.

Double-page supporter
Let's be honest. It's probably his kid. She probably got pregnant and never told him because at the time he was focused on... something, probably, and she didn't want to burden him with it and naively thought it's better to raise the kid on her own.
Maybe but mother and daughter are fkn ungrateful like in this situation about the room..

Double-page supporter
Guys just listen to yourselves.. she ditched him 17! Fk years ago and now she is like let me stay with child of some stranger (not confirmed yet)
She is independent woman in 2024 so she don't need any help lmao.
I kno that beta guys and girl are more and more active to get partner but bro just don't be a backup that's all.. nobody normal would sponsor s1 else waifu/husbando or gf/bf.. its that simple.
If u disagree (water, cost money, same with electricy, food) remember that it's just no way ppl would pay/sponsor strangers (after 17y? Yeah stranger) they have hotels etc.

Ok what? What's her problem? Who did she married off to and have tendency to rely on her ex bf after leaving him?? Even as far as bringing her own bloody daughter with her 💀

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
she shows up doesn't explain herself at all why she needs help.
It was very clearly stated that their apartment is being rebuilt and they didn't have a place to go to. A lot of your other points will also likely be addressed when there is more than 2 short introductory chapters.

Anyway I can understand why he would help her out, a lot of people here assume ex = bad by default and it shows a lack of maturity. People can and do separate amicably. They last talked when he was 19, it's entirely possible that they had maintained contact and just spoke less as their lives changed fundamentally and pulled them apart. We don't know yet. All we know is the relationship clearly didn't end negatively.

Dex-chan lover
It was very clearly stated that their apartment is being rebuilt and they didn't have a place to go to. A lot of your other points will also likely be addressed when there is more than 2 short introductory chapters.

Anyway I can understand why he would help her out, a lot of people here assume ex = bad by default and it shows a lack of maturity. People can and do separate amicably. They last talked when he was 19, it's entirely possible that they had maintained contact and just spoke less as their lives changed fundamentally and pulled them apart. We don't know yet. All we know is the relationship clearly didn't end negatively.
"It's entirely possible they kept in contact"

If they did the story would've mentioned that they kept in contact. Your making up bullshit to try and justify this. Just this chapter alone if they kept in contact the daughter would have some knowledge of him and he would be aware of her daughter and not have to be introduced. If you were keeping in contact with someone you obviously would be aware of their life to some extent. Also that's massive cope if you think they kept in contact after a breakup. So no they did not keep in contact and you're trying to argue a point that clearly is bullshit.

"A lot of people here assume ex = bad by default and lack maturity"

No a lot of people here are suspicious why an women who has a daughter has to go to her ex before going to anyone else and has the gall to expect him to take her in without a lot of questioning and pushback as shown with her preparing clothes for extended staying period. Her daughter doesn't even show basic respect and is suspicious of him when she's intruding on his home.

Also I don't know if you have boundaries or not even if the relationship ended decently doesn't mean a person is just going to open their door to someone they dated close to 20 years ago just because she's begging. How about message them beforehand, catch up on stuff, and see what they say instead of coming to their home unannounced.

Also no I don't agree. The first two chapters are the introduction chapters so they should answer every question a reader might have about a scenario and problems that would come up with it. Waiting till later to answer those basic questions is poor writing

To me your response is making excuses for this chick when no her actions are pretty disgusting all things considered. If it was any other dude with a spine and backbone and not this pathetic, lonely dude she would have been questioned a lot more on chapter 1 and maybe even turned away at the door. Because nothing about the scenario screams "wholesome" or "cute".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hate to break it to you man but if you're a remotely well adjusted adult in your mid-late 30s then a highschool ex is an old acquaintance.
No that's just a high school ex. An acquaintance is someone you know slightly but not any deeper than that. Equating an old acquaintance to someone you dated in highschool someone you knew at a deeper level back then than just loose knowledge and minimal interaction is actual stupidity.

To act like a "remotely well adjusted adult" Whatever that means to you because a well adjusted adult in my eyes doesn't let some broad you dated in highschool come into your home without massive scrutiny and questioning. To say otherwise is just you inputting your bullshit bias on others.

Dex-chan lover
No that's just a high school ex. An acquaintance is someone you know slightly but not any deeper than that. Equating an old acquaintance to someone you dated in highschool someone you knew at a deeper level back then than just loose knowledge and minimal interaction is actual stupidity.

To act like a "remotely well adjusted adult" Whatever that means to you because a well adjusted adult in my eyes doesn't let some broad you dated in highschool come into your home without massive scrutiny and questioning. To say otherwise is just you inputting your bullshit bias on others.
Acquaintance: a person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend

An ex from the distant past is, by definition, an acquaintance.

If someone doesn't want to help out an acquaintance who randomly shows up like this that is perfectly reasonable. They definitely aren't obligated to. But its also not crazy to be willing to help someone you used to have a close relationship with.

Dex-chan lover
i don't want to hit you with a "you'll understand it when you're older" but i think this is probably 100% a "you'll understand it when you're older" situation. who they are at 36 is not who they were at 19. 17 years is effectively half of his life at this point. realistically this guy has probably gone years without even thinking about her and has no meaningful emotional attachment to her. she is effectively some random stranger who gets the benefit of the doubt because of their past relationship.

but this story also takes place in japan and japan is a country where people can leave valuables unattended in the open and have a reasonable expectation that they won't be stolen. and even then this dude was initially very suspicious about why she was there and what she wanted. we don't know what they specifically talked about in the scene transition in chapter 1, but we know that they had a conversation where she explained their circumstances to him and that was presumably enough to assuage whatever doubts he may have had about her motivation.

Fed-Kun's army
That has to be his kid. No way it's not. Even if its not "OOH LOOK THE AUTHOR SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS" (even though subverting expectations isn't always a good thing), it feels like the natural next step. Though I wonder if the author will reveal it early on, have the father and daughter try to patch together their relationship after a while, and maybe even have him and his ex get back together. An alternative is that they stretch it out for far too long, to the point where its very obvious that they're related, and then it'll end with them finally knowing what we've known for far too many chapters. Or, a third alternative, they just come and go, and we're hit with an unsatisfying ending.

Dex-chan lover
Acquaintance: a person one knows slightly, but who is not a close friend

An ex from the distant past is, by definition, an acquaintance.

If someone doesn't want to help out an acquaintance who randomly shows up like this that is perfectly reasonable. They definitely aren't obligated to. But its also not crazy to be willing to help someone you used to have a close relationship with.
Nah don't agree that definition is incorrect. If an acquaintance is someone you knew slightly but not deeply. Than an old acquaintance is someone from your past you knew slightly but not deeply. A high school ex is not an old acquaintance by definition alone. You can't tell me it's definitionally accurate when someone you dated and someone you barely knew of and minimally interacted with are the same. That's just incorrect.

It is crazy when said person shows up to your home with no warning whatsoever. How did she know he lives there? Is that his parents home that he took over? She came to his backyard to see him, why? What would she have done if he wasn't there?

This girl is so suspicious that this dude even entertaining her is just dumb. If you're going to try and do this story have it make more coherent sense then whatever this author did. Because the way he/she wrote this story makes this MC look really dumb and easily taken advantage of and her really sleazy. The amount of people making excuses for it doesn't help either when there are plausible unanswered questions. If people have to come up with their own conclusions to explain something in a story instead of the story telling us then it's not a good story.

i don't want to hit you with a "you'll understand it when you're older" but i think this is probably 100% a "you'll understand it when you're older" situation. who they are at 36 is not who they were at 19. 17 years is effectively half of his life at this point. realistically this guy has probably gone years without even thinking about her and has no meaningful emotional attachment to her. she is effectively some random stranger who gets the benefit of the doubt because of their past relationship.

but this story also takes place in japan and japan is a country where people can leave valuables unattended in the open and have a reasonable expectation that they won't be stolen. and even then this dude was initially very suspicious about why she was there and what she wanted. we don't know what they specifically talked about in the scene transition in chapter 1, but we know that they had a conversation where she explained their circumstances to him and that was presumably enough to assuage whatever doubts he may have had about her motivation.
"I don't want to hit with that bullshit reasoning but let me give you bullshit reasoning" is basically what you've told me. If you're arguing they're effectively strangers with past history of dating in highschool why tf would he let her in then. Even if they ended amicably allowing your ex who has a daughter in just doesn't make sense logistically especially if you haven't seen no hide or hare of her for 17 years. If it was just the ex by herself then maybe helping her out because you knew her back then would barely be fine. But having her bring her daughter along adds so many wrenches to this barely plausible reasoning that no, no guy with a backbone would entertain her.

Also if whatever they talked about is good enough for the MC why not show this to the readers? Why have information withdrawn from the readers and not explained because in doing so has led to a lot of people in this forum questioning the heroine's motives along with the stupidity of the MC. It's not good storytelling at all. Because good storytelling, no matter the genre, will have basic questions answered that don't need to be asked because it's explained in the story.

Also adding that it takes place in Japan does not matter. Even if it's very safe that doesn't excuse her actions.

Users who are viewing this thread