Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
A lot of projecting and people showing their insecurities going on in the comments 😂

This is why Japan doesn’t release most mangas overseas, because everyone loves to put their insecurities and life onto the work being told instead of trying to enjoy it and/or waiting until the full context is out. If you don’t enjoy it, that’s fine, you have every right not to.
Dude someone commented the links of the comment section of the manga in comic fuz where you can see what the japanese reader think of the manga. Its quite similar to this comment section in the why people have problems with the story.

Some of them voiced how theres still no explanation on chapter 3 which is what people here is also getting bothered by from such a drama inducing premise for a "Slice of Life" manga.

The thing i realized and found funniest is that they are the country with such a cultured "hospitality" and they have problems with how rude the mother's entry was and also how dude gave them a whole meal instead of just giving tea or water for her so she could explain herself.

I guess japan should not even publish it in their own country 🥺

Dex-chan lover
Doing a good deed for an old friend is one thing. Taking care of an old ex coming out of nowhere with a kid after 17 years of no contact is another. And this isn't just him being a nice guy doing a good deed because of his caring heart, he's clearly still hung up about her even after 17 years, and is disappointed that the kid isn't his. Not to mention it has a romance tag, so you know they're going to end up as a couple. Which wouldn't be so bad if they had met up again in literally any other way possible, with the exception of criminal activity. Even meeting up in an unprotected sex orgy would've been better than this.

A lot of people here are calling people virgins, incels, or immature for disliking this extremely unhealthy relationship. What the heck is up with that? Why are you defending her? Honestly what the fuck kinda person, regardless of gender, walks up to an ex of 17 years, with a packed bag and a kid in tow??? That's extremely scummy and manipulative behavior. She didn't even ask beforehand, she just showed up ready to move in, knowing he was going to take her in anyway.

Does the ex not have friends or parents? If she does have parents and she didn't go to them, that's another red flag.
Where's the father? Is he dead? Did he pump and dump? Is he out of country, and doesn't care what happens to his baby mama?

To make matters even worse, he's not charging them for rent or food. It could even be a really low rent to be nice, just their portion of water and electricity, she does have a job after all. But cooking for them without any physical or financial help from them is insane, because this isn't just a one time thing, this is the foreseeable future. What kind of parent does not know how to cook? That's just something you should know how to do as a human being.

Speaking of being a human being, where's the humility and gratitude???? This isn't their house. Yeah he shouldn't be expecting gratitude for doing a good deed, but they should still be giving it. Yeah she says thank you, but she also literally goes "yay, I can eat this guy's food!" And her daughter is also being very rude and entitled the whole time she's been there, and the mother hasn't corrected her

Last edited:
I want to thank the translation team for picking up this manga. I personally enjoy the work and hope to see more of it.
Nothing will ever happen if one continues to close their own heart, so the courage to be foolish and take the risk of getting hurt by letting your heart be open for others to enter is admirable.

Dude someone commented the links of the comment section of the manga in comic fuz where you can see what the japanese reader think of the manga. Its quite similar to this comment section in the why people have problems with the story.

Some of them voiced how theres still no explanation on chapter 3 which is what people here is also getting bothered by from such a drama inducing premise for a "Slice of Life" manga.

The thing i realized and found funniest is that they are the country with such a cultured "hospitality" and they have problems with how rude the mother's entry was and also how dude gave them a whole meal instead of just giving tea or water for her so she could explain herself.

I guess japan should not even publish it in their own country 🥺
Like I said, people are free to dislike it and state their reasons. I was more so referencing how impatient people are and how(at least in here) they projected themselves in their bashing of the manga. Some comments on here are crazy af.

BG9

Aggregator gang
Maybe he should've asked their circumstances? He is their benefactor by letting them stay in his house, so I think it's still within his rights to ask about the reason behind why they were there in the first place

Dex-chan lover
Hm, this one popped up in trending and is interesting so I'm going to follow it. But I do have to say that it is really strange that there's been three chapters and at least a night or two passing in the manga and he hasn't bothered to ask a single question about what's going on?

She said that they need a place until their "apartment is built" which sounds... sketchy. Also as he just did the math here and the manga said the kid is fourteen, where's the father? Was it some kind of one night stand and she's been raising the kid alone? Fleeing an abusive husband? Doesn't seem to be the case with how the girl is interacting with him. Father just died and now she's destitute?

I get that there's only like... ten pages per chapter and this is mostly slice-of-life but there needs to be some hints dropped here and there.

Group Leader
i get that helping people is a must, but i kinda wish the girl atleast help with something too

i mean, if i were to live in someone’s house (considering they let me of course) then i’ll have to do something to help them with their houseworks as well. i would feel really bad if i’m not doing anything ;;;;;.,,,,

Dex-chan lover
I have only seen that laughing pilot gif used by people who unironically post Sonnenrad images and larp about gassing people they don't like. Genuine schitzo shit.

Like discord messages six paragraphs long asking about "Why are people ignoring me?" and going into a rant about ethnicity based-isolationism and boog shit to justify why they are not talking to them when they are in fact just being an insufferable cunt.
LMFAO Here we go with the politicizing and the projections with right wing adjacent sludge. Were you really that affected from internet shit talk?

Didn't you claim to post that you were a mature man? Looks like it's time for the terminally online to touch some grass.

Double-page supporter
Remember in Japan until a few months ago it is legal to one parent to take the child away from another and to hide and prevent that child from seeing the other parent until divorce proceedings and then the court grants the abducting parent full custody as fiat accompli.

In such a scenario the parent has a reason to hide the child somewhere where they do not expect the other parent to find.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Grew up simping, dated the girl he simped for, broke up with the girl he simped for, tried moving on from the girl he simped for, couldn't move on from the girl he simped for, kept making paintings of the girl he simped for, met back with the girl he simped for, learned the girl he simped for has a daughter, proceeded to start simping again :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
I pity this guy. Sure he is just some beta or perhaps just a simp for her, but at the end of the day it must feel like shit to still love someone and she suddenly appears to rub someone else's child in your face. She's an airhead and that wasn't her intention but that's what happened here at the end of the day.

Anyone else would notice all this from outside (like his friend did).

Dex-chan lover
So who's the dad? Is there a LN or WN of this to read ahead?
It's original webmanga.

A What IF;
We know he isn't(the girl is 14, they broke up 17 years ago), but let's suppose he was the girl's dad. That would make her the shittiest person, withholding any knowledge of the daughter from him for the entirety of the daughter's life and childhood. I suspect many of those defending the mom and downvoting would spew vitriol on an absentee dad disappearing from their child's life for so long without any contact, but she would be just as bad if not worse...

A lot of projecting and people showing their insecurities going on in the comments 😂

This is why Japan doesn’t release most mangas overseas, because everyone loves to put their insecurities and life onto the work being told instead of trying to enjoy it and/or waiting until the full context is out. If you don’t enjoy it, that’s fine, you have every right not to.
I'd say that at least portions of a few of the sentiments have been shared, can be perceived as understandable to hold. Lately it appears as if society as whole, regardless of time or place (gender, political affiliation, or generation), has taken one too many knocks to the noggin, and as result, many people have been behaving in a rather unkind/unhelpful/intolerable manner.

I'd also say that, people here are passion driven to care about (or at least pretend to care about) the overall state of the industry, and the quality of what they read.
What I can't say is that this is a high quality series...it's almost as if it is more frustrating/tedious/boring, to read a lore heavy story, that is basically presented in a 4-koma format, that has yet to provide any lore, than it is entertaining/stimulating/enjoyable to read said slab...one may as well open the modern day equivalent of a newspaper, head straight to the funnies, and proceed to wonder what they were thinking when they decided to waste a second of their life engaging in such an action

Dex-chan lover
People five minutes before posting comments on this series:

mgr-metal-gear-rising.gif
I'm sleep deprived and I read this as "sexiest"
I was like, yeah whatever you like man -- then read a few comments below this post

Users who are viewing this thread