Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
I hope they get to show why they broke up in the first place, it doesn't seem like they hold any enmity with each other. Incompatible dreams? Financial circumstances? Family obligations? Whatever it is, the woman just barges in and he seems A-OK, not to mention them being childhood friends, I need to know dammit.

I want to thank the translation team for picking up this manga. I personally enjoy the work and hope to see more of it.
Nothing will ever happen if one continues to close their own heart, so the courage to be foolish and take the risk of getting hurt by letting your heart be open for others to enter is admirable.
Dood, what quite a few of us having been saying can essentially summarized with a comparison
Reading this story is akin to taking a bite of what some try to tell you is a decent sandwich, when in actuality, it is naught more than bread crumbs, barely held between two tiny chewed up pieces of bread crust...

I get what you are saying, but please note that some of us are just attempting to give a critique

Double-page supporter
Fucking hate this generation, go read other wholesome manga if you hate this, and let us who like reading manga about people in unhealthy relationship/problematic character read in peace

Dex-chan lover
Fucking hate this generation, go read other wholesome manga if you hate this, and let us who like reading manga about people in unhealthy relationship/problematic character read in peace
Feel free to enjoy this manga if you really like it without reading the comment section then. You are not reading this manga because of the comments anyway

And lets be real, despite the very few chapters in, the manga doesn't even have a particularly good start anyway for a manga about "people in unhealthy relationship/problematic characters", it's also trying to be wholesome but failing.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking hate your generation, go read the manga if you hate the comments, and let us who have something to say about the manga complain and critique and question in peace

I like how, from the get go, the author kept at least acknowledging that there is something wrong with this scenario, but people still ignore all of it despite no explanations being provided, and insult almost everyone here who finds this unsatisfactory and contrived. I can see some of the comments are very aggressive, but still, the story itself hints at this not being normal in the slightest. For example:

Chapter 1:
"Are you trying to pass off 17 years without contact with a simple 'Long time no see?"

"I'll at least let you explain yourself before I call the police..."

Here the author is obviously pointing out through the characters that this IS weird, and exes that have had no contact with you don't suddenly show up after 17 years without warning at your door. Even best friends don't show up after that much time, certainly not without warning and certainly not to ask for a favour.

Chapter 2:

"I know I am the one asking this of you, but you don't... Get scammed too often... Do you?"

Here, the author is again obviously pointing out that accepting them in just like that, without asking any basic questions, is akin to be gullible enough that you could get scammed often.

Chapter 3:

All of the reactions from his friend.

"There is no way she would do that..." (Trick him)

Closing it all by saying that even if she was tricking him, he would be cool with it just to see her smile.

Here the author is flat out telling you what the character is thinking: he trusts her to an extent, but he is also fine with being tricked, which explains why he doesn't really ask very reasonable questions (some of which his friend asked to him, again, showing that the author is self-aware).

This makes it painfully obvious that yes, she IS taking advantage of him. While it's of his own doing (so it's hard to feel bad for him), he isn't letting her stay because that's the decent thing to do, he still has emotional hang-ups, and it's not guaranteed he would put up with this if someone else in difficulty (a friend or a stranger) had shown up.

This says nothing of the fact that she apparently has a job, and still hasn't brought up the possibilty of paying him back in any way. This is just bizarre, and is just basic human decency. If you were crashing at someone's house with your sons/daughters for an unspecified amount of time, wouldn't you at least ASK to chip in, first thing? Even close friends would bring it up, let alone someone who has been outside of your life for the last 17 years.

Even I want to call this guy a simp now, just what the hell is this plot?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like how, from the get go, the author kept at least acknowledging that there is something wrong with this scenario, but people still ignore all of it despite no explanations being provided, and insult almost everyone here who finds this unsatisfactory and contrived. I can see some of the comments are very aggressive, but still, the story itself hints at this not being normal in the slightest. For example:

Chapter 1:
"Are you trying to pass off 17 years without contact with a simple 'Long time no see?"

"I'll at least let you explain yourself before I call the police..."

Here the author is obviously pointing out through the characters that this IS weird, and exes that have had no contact with you don't suddenly show up after 17 years without warning at your door. Even best friends don't show up after that much time, certainly not without warning and certainly not to ask for a favour.

Chapter 2:

"I know I am the one asking this of you, but you don't... Get scammed too often... Do you?"

Here, the author is again obviously pointing out that accepting them in just like that, without asking any basic questions, is akin to be gullible enough that you could get scammed often.

Chapter 3:

All of the reactions from his friend.

"There is no way she would do that..." (Trick him)

Closing it all by saying that even if she was tricking him, he would be cool with it just to see her smile.

Here the author is flat out telling you what the character is thinking: he trusts her to an extent, but he is also fine with being tricked, which explains why he doesn't really ask very reasonable questions (some of which his friend asked to him, again, showing that the author is self-aware).

This makes it painfully obvious that yes, she IS taking advantage of him. While it's of his own doing (so it's hard to feel bad for him), he isn't letting her stay because that's the decent thing to do, he still has emotional hang-ups, and it's not guaranteed he would put up with this if someone else in difficulty (a friend or a stranger) had shown up.

This says nothing of the fact that she apparently has a job, and still hasn't brought up the possibilty of paying him back in any way. This is just bizarre, and is just basic human decency. If you were crashing at someone's house with your sons/daughters for an unspecified amount of time, wouldn't you at least ASK to chip in, first thing? Even close friends would bring it up, let alone someone who has been outside of your life for the last 17 years.

Even I want to call this guy a simp now, just what the hell is this plot?
Wait till the daughter gets her reasoning. I am also postponing judgment whether to drop this manga.

Wait till the daughter gets her reasoning. I am also postponing judgment whether to drop this manga.

I mean, it's fiction, so anything is possible, but it's hard to imagine a way to shape the plot into something sensible at this point. Still, I am sure I'll stick around for another chapter or two for the comments, if nothing else. XD

N I ducking love it when someone says this generation, without bothering to state which generation, or what aspect of society they are talking about...
Personally I am a gen 3 fan myself...
8q9dhrnz40bb1.png

Dex-chan lover
honestly i get how he feels. its been over 10 years and i still remember my time with my first girlfriend clearly. being able to remember that stuff so intimately sucks major ass

I expect either the most boring explanation or the most weird one. Curious were this will go.

honestly i get how he feels. its been over 10 years and i still remember my time with my first girlfriend clearly. being able to remember that stuff so intimately sucks major ass

Damn. Time to move on man.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so she just shameless enough to ask him for help 17 years later after SHE dumped him, by what it sounds like ?

Double-page supporter
That's actually sad as fuck for him. :/

Cant move on from her for 17 years, and now she came back out of nowhere with a kid of her own.

Better confront her directly about this and move on, but it's easier said than done. Poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread