Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
If daughter isn't some adopted distant relative that nobody wanted to take care of, then I doubt people will like the mother, because from our perspective she just uses her ex with which she didn't have any contact for 17 years to take care of her and her daughter, because presumply her father dipped

Dex-chan lover
Sure, Jan.

Got to admit, bro. He seems to be the kind of guy that doesn't seem mentally sound. Might be retarded...
I would be very much interested what their comment might have been had the setup being gender reversed, a guy and their child crashing on their former ex's place unannounced and the guy lazying around...

Yeah seriously.. .. And now the more I think about it.. I feel like the guy actually the one who asked for break up.. That's why he just want her to be happy because he feel guilty....and he still think of her as a friend...
Headcanon is just that, headcanon, It doesn't make it true. Until the author delves more into the backstory those are just speculations.

Dex-chan lover
This is the kind of guy that would be refered to only as a "twitch sub" in a post of a girl saying "one of my twitch subs bought me a PS5".

Look, I get it. The setup is just an excuse for a self insert lonely guy to suddenly get a attractive woman who is completely dependent on him for simple things air delivered to him, but the author could make it less pathetic.

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad for the dude in a way, since i know affection you have for someone can last really long

which makes me wonder why they broke up in the first place before
Oneitis can last for decades. It's more similar to a neurotic mental illness and obsessiveness than love probably.
I think how they broke up might explain why she never told him if it's actually his daughter. Like if he broke up to follow his dreams or something, and a kid would've gotten in the way of pursuing that. But we'll have to wait and see I guess.
Edit: Or she broke up and traveled abroad without knowing that she was pregnant or something like that. Would be easier to fake her daughter's age that way too, if she's actually older than what she says.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Impressively disgusting series here.
A guy who goes "I'm getting financially taken advantage of by some bitch and her ingrate child who don't actually give a shit about me, but its fine because I can see her smile" is the perfect male for The Modern Woman.
It's not cute or charming, it's just unpleasant to see, especially if you know people in the real world who've gotten financially exploited by hateful women.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'ma go a slightly different path than some of the comments here.

This dude is WAY too nice for his own good. While his feelings about her are VERY clear, it's not just that. You can tell he's genuinely a nice dude. Too nice, in fact. He probably gets walked all over by people, it's sad to think about. While I'm not saying helping people without a reward is a bad thing, you're way too nice to someone you haven't spoken to in 17 years. Please dude, don't be this nice, it could possibly get you into more trouble.

Dex-chan lover
I would be very much interested what their comment might have been had the setup being gender reversed, a guy and their child crashing on their former ex's place unannounced and the guy lazying around...

Headcanon is just that, headcanon, It doesn't make it true. Until the author delves more into the backstory those are just speculations.
You guys are just over reacting that's my point... We don't know their history
... we don't know who dumped who...

Supporter
Getting there age wise and I have to disagree, lol. Peeps are not being immature, it is rage bait and people are biting. Small but important difference.

MC might be in his right to allow the leech (would say the same if she was male, btw) to feel better in his own home but she factually is a terrible human being. Even more so if it really is not his kid. But even even more so if she is and the mother kept her from him.
And, again, even more so if she really is not doing any chores or anything at all for him offscreen (nothing on paper for now). She is, for the reader at this point, the worst kind of freeloader. Prime rage bait.
And if you learned that she left her apartment not because it was being refreshed but because she was beaten by her husband and had nowhere else to go? Something she would not want to say to an ex? Would you still make the same judgement?
I'm not saying this is the story, and there is a fair chance that she's taking advantage of the guy. But as far as we know for now, the above scenario is plausible. And that's totally something I could think of if this situation happened to me.
So as reader, I believe we need to wait for a bit more info on her circumstances before judging any of the characters.

Last edited:
Haha, this is so unique for the SoL genre. idk why Japan is so interested in making stories like this.

Dex-chan lover
You guys are just over reacting that's my point... We don't know their history
... we don't know who dumped who...
Well, we don't know but you sure were quite pushy and sure 'who' dumped who, and even changed your original post to hide it and turn it into a 'what if' instead. If someone wants to see the original post by Akane02 just read the quoted part of my earlier post a few posts back above here.

Dex-chan lover
I'ma go a slightly different path than some of the comments here.

This dude is WAY too nice for his own good. While his feelings about her are VERY clear, it's not just that. You can tell he's genuinely a nice dude. Too nice, in fact. He probably gets walked all over by people, it's sad to think about. While I'm not saying helping people without a reward is a bad thing, you're way too nice to someone you haven't spoken to in 17 years. Please dude, don't be this nice, it could possibly get you into more trouble.
This is why NewMiyu in Miyu-chan wa Zuotto Tomodachi is such a breath of fresh air. Her words summarise these characters quite well: “If you keep on thinking it’s natural to help others, then one day you’ll die just like the real Miyu-chan did, you know?” :02: https://mangadex.org/chapter/e113aea7-af53-4800-b917-dc08aa0410da/25

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
I've never seen a comment section so divided in hating a slice of life like this
The same kind of uproar is happening with Marin Chan right now :02:

more onto the content itself this chapter. It is apparent the author wants the moms background questioned at some point for the drama and clear indication our MC isn’t over her. So hard to give the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread