Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
How would he be getting duped? If that's his daughter, isn't it the opposite of getting duped?
In fact, regardless of the daughter's blood relation, the mother asked to stay for a while, and he obliged, there's no scamming going on.

The mother's a useless (but apparently employed?) bum, but that's another story.

Double-page supporter
That sounds like some Ayn Rand thought process.
Maybe if no further context is taken. except that Miyu-chan said this in response to MC immediately forgiving his bully over and over who made his life a living hell for months and indirectly caused the original FMC to get murdered, and even put himself in danger going back into a burning house to try and get that bully out safe. plus the bully trying to blackmail FMC when they first met hoping for a doujin like ransom whereas our FMC quickly dispensed with the bully in response to that

Fed-Kun's army
Oh no
He's an idiot

It seems my rant was wrong that she's his kid. Or maybe she's lying out of panic. Brother she lives in your house. She has a child with her. ASK QUESTIONS. You shouldn't just go "Oh well I like seeing her smile". Find out why she contacts you, who she hasn't seen in 17 years, instead of family or the father of the child. If she genuinely is a malicious person, which she could be as you haven't seen her for 17 YEARS AND PEOPLE CAN CHANGE, you should probably look into that.

Double-page supporter
How would he be getting duped? If that's his daughter, isn't it the opposite of getting duped?
In fact, regardless of the daughter's blood relation, the mother asked to stay for a while, and he obliged, there's no scamming going on.

The mother's a useless (but apparently employed?) bum, but that's another story.
our MC at this chapter concluded that it was mathematically impossible that she is his daughter.

Dex-chan lover
Thinking about it, that story reminds me of that other sol where a guy suddenly meets his ex and finds out she had a child with him, but never heard of it cuz his ex sent a letter and his mom received it and never gave it to him...
Overall, a lot of feelsbad, cuz you either missed a lot of your potential child's growth, being recognised as a dad etc... or you're taking care of a chick you're not with anymore, who's kid isn't yours either, and who likely got pregananant not long after they broke up (considering the age gap?).
Not sure how else to describe it, but a lot of melancholy and bad feels there...

I'ma go a slightly different path than some of the comments here.

This dude is WAY too nice for his own good. While his feelings about her are VERY clear, it's not just that. You can tell he's genuinely a nice dude. Too nice, in fact. He probably gets walked all over by people, it's sad to think about. While I'm not saying helping people without a reward is a bad thing, you're way too nice to someone you haven't spoken to in 17 years. Please dude, don't be this nice, it could possibly get you into more trouble.
If anything those "comments" are the different path.
And if you learned that she left her apartment not because it was being refreshed but because she was beaten by her husband and had nowhere else to go? Something she would not want to say to an ex? Would you still make the same judgement?
I'm not saying this is the story, and there is a fair chance that she's taking advantage of the guy. But as far as we know for now, the above scenario is plausible. And that's totally something I could think of if this situation happened to me.
So as reader, I believe we need to wait for a bit more info on her circumstances before judging any of the characters.
Yes. She wants him to take her and her daughter in, after all she's done, without so much as an explanation.
The same kind of uproar is happening with Marin Chan right now
Kitagawa Marin, or an actual manga called "Marin Chan"
Oh no
He's an idiot

It seems my rant was wrong that she's his kid. Or maybe she's lying out of panic. Brother she lives in your house. She has a child with her. ASK QUESTIONS. You shouldn't just go "Oh well I like seeing her smile". Find out why she contacts you, who she hasn't seen in 17 years, instead of family or the father of the child. If she genuinely is a malicious person, which she could be as you haven't seen her for 17 YEARS AND PEOPLE CAN CHANGE, you should probably look into that.
If you ranted about it, I probably told you. Literally nobody is under the impression that this is his kid, and trying to make her his would be a retcon at this point.

As for changing. It's clear she's changed for the worse.
our MC at this chapter concluded that it was mathematically impossible that she is his daughter.
And she confirms it to everyone's face. Plus she's going to middle school. Schools are regional and they have specific uniforms. He'd know if she was wearing a JK uniform.

Dex-chan lover

The way I interpreted it, friend thought she might be duping him telling MC it's not his daughter. Her reaction when she got flustered when the friend asked if it's MC's daughter is kind of suspicious too. And MC is a little bit suspicious of her tricking him, but thinks that she's not the kind of person that'd do something like that, and even if she is, he's still happy just to see her smile. At least that's how I read it.

The way I interpreted it, friend thought she might be duping him telling MC it's not his daughter. Her reaction when she got flustered when the friend asked if it's MC's daughter is kind of suspicious too. And MC is a little bit suspicious of her tricking him, but thinks that she's not the kind of person that'd do something like that, and even if she is, he's still happy just to see her smile. At least that's how I read it.
It's not. The trick is that she's just there to crash until her apartment is fixed, as opposed to some more nefarious goal, like mooching off him forever, or robbing him: Being there under false pretenses.

Dex-chan lover
so im gonna write my predictions:
1. they broke up on good terms -> obvious from how they act
2. its not his kid, but its also not her kid -> romantic development would be too hard. so i guess relatives kid/adoption
3. theyre gonna get back together -> otherwise the romance tag doesnt make sense

Dex-chan lover
If painting is the MC only source of income I guess it wasn't a bad arrangement to him since it apparently helped him with his creative block, and since she have a job she can contribute with something for the house

Still want to know why they broke up and what is up with the kid father.

Dex-chan lover
"Heeey stud?"
"What the fuck are you doing on my property and why the fuck shouldn't I call the cops? I won't let you rob me after 17 years of no contact.

"Good Terms "
relatively good terms
he didnt just straight up shut the door and also heard her out -> asking why no contact for 17 years means he expected contact -> good terms

relatively good terms
he didnt just straight up shut the door and also heard her out -> asking why no contact for 17 years means he expected contact -> good terms
I wouldn't call those even vaguely good terms.

This guy has been established to be a total doormat with a weak spot for her. You seem to have missed that. In fact, realistically, a single mother would deliberately pick the biggest doormat she's met to push this kind of thing onto in the first place.

P.S.: He didn't ask why she didn't contact him. He was pointing out that her greeting was remarkably casual for someone who ghosted him so long. She came in like they saw each other a couple of weeks ago but stopped because she had an exam coming up or something.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so im gonna write my predictions:
1. they broke up on good terms -> obvious from how they act
2. its not his kid, but its also not her kid -> romantic development would be too hard. so i guess relatives kid/adoption
3. theyre gonna get back together -> otherwise the romance tag doesnt make sense
I think she would've told him if she had adopted her from a relative or it was her sister or niece or something. Though I guess it's possible.

Dex-chan lover
If painting is the MC only source of income I guess it wasn't a bad arrangement to him since it apparently helped him with his creative block, and since she have a job she can contribute with something for the house

Still want to know why they broke up and what is up with the kid father.
Can you really afford a living by just painting? It's borderline impossible I think.
He probably lives or has inherited his parents' house considering Kyou knew about it from 17 years ago, so living costs are probably low, but still my impression is that it's really hard getting by by drawing art.

Dex-chan lover
I would be very much interested what their comment might have been had the setup being gender reversed, a guy and their child crashing on their former ex's place unannounced and the guy lazying around...
At the very least I doubt he'd be getting called a slut/whore like in last chapter's comment section, lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Surprised I had to be this deep into the comments for anyone to bring it up. If the goal is mooch forever then you'd think she would tell OP the kid IS his, regardless of whether that's true. Lying to him that he isn't the father when he is makes no sense in this scenario, so idk why people think the Friend is "smart" for suggesting it.

Unless they're lying about how old the daughter is. Not saying that's what's happening but we only have their word to go off of, unless it had been over 9+ months between the last time they had sex and the last time he saw her, clearly not pregnant.

Surprised I had to be this deep into the comments for anyone to bring it up. If the goal is mooch forever then you'd think she would tell OP the kid IS his, regardless of whether that's true. Lying to him that he isn't the father when he is makes no sense in this scenario, so idk why people think the Friend is "smart" for suggesting it.
A lot of things don't make sense in this scenario. And why lie about parentage when you know he'll take you in regardless?
Unless they're lying about how old the daughter is. Not saying that's what's happening but we only have their word to go off of, unless it had been over 9+ months between the last time they had sex and the last time he saw her, clearly not pregnant.
She's going to middle school. In Middle School uniform. And she looks her age.

Users who are viewing this thread