Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
The way I interpreted it, friend thought she might be duping him telling MC it's not his daughter. Her reaction when she got flustered when the friend asked if it's MC's daughter is kind of suspicious too. And MC is a little bit suspicious of her tricking him, but thinks that she's not the kind of person that'd do something like that, and even if she is, he's still happy just to see her smile. At least that's how I read it.
getting flustered after being asked if your ex boyfriend is your daughter's father in front of your daughter, who presumably knows who her dad is, is pretty reasonable

Dex-chan lover
Can you really afford a living by just painting? It's borderline impossible I think.
He probably lives or has inherited his parents' house considering Kyou knew about it from 17 years ago, so living costs are probably low, but still my impression is that it's really hard getting by by drawing art.
Yeah, it sounds borderline impossible for me too, but we don't have any info on other jobs he does at the moment, and it's fiction, so maybe dude really managed to make living as an artist somehow

Dex-chan lover
ok tbf this premise wouldn't have seemed as bad if the relationship between the mother/ex and the guy is a co-worker or a close friend, that way it would've came across more like a friend helping a friend out of sheer genuine goodwill instead of an awkward "I was your ex and now I came here to your house with my child after not contacting you for 17 years"

now some may say that breaking up with someone doesn't necessarily make them strangers but if an ex abandoned you and went missing for 17 years without contacting you and came back with their own children asking you for favors one would normally be skeptical on letting them influence your life again, those 17 years of no contact shows a disregard from the ex regardless whether it's done with hostile intentions in mind or not
(strike-through because they are still within the realms of speculation, point on skepticism still stands imo)

what ticks people off is how this all was handled as if it was all just a happy little accident and the characters are just dancing around the problem and somehow romanticizing/fetishizing it

though for me even though the premise is weird as hell and i have no relatability/sympathy for any of the characters, it's atleast got me invested in the story and brings up an interesting topic that people fight over so i'm going to keep reading it regardless until i'm bored

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We know she isn't his daughter, this chapter confirmed it.
Half of the chapter was basically about that she could be lying to him about that.
ok tbf this premise wouldn't have seemed as bad if the relationship between the mother/ex and the guy is a co-worker or a close friend, that way it would've came across more like a friend helping a friend out of sheer genuine goodwill instead of an awkward "I was your ex and now I came here to your house with my child after not contacting you for 17 years"

now some may say that breaking up with someone doesn't necessarily make them strangers but if an ex abandoned you and went missing for 17 years without contacting you and came back with their own child asking you for favors one would normally be skeptical on letting them influence your life again, those 17 years of no contact shows a disregard from the ex regardless whether it's done with hostile intentions in mind or not

what ticks people off is how this all was handled as if it was all just a happy little accident and the characters are just dancing around the problem and somehow romanticizing/fetishizing it

though for me even though the premise is weird as hell and i have no relatability/sympathy for any of the characters, it's atleast got me invested in the story and brings up an interesting topic that people fight over so i'm going to keep reading it regardless until i'm bored
I haven't exactly kept in contact with my exes from twenty years ago either. It'd be more weird if you did in my opinion.

Do you already know the story (for instance reading the LN if there's one) or you just take what she says as face value?
I don't know if you've noticed, but I don't believe a single word she says. I'm reading the story through the lens of an actual woman trying to do this.

If this happened in real life, the women's life has gone tits up somehow, she's burned every bridge she had in her life, and in that moment, she remembered she used to date this doormat decades ago that she thinks will take her in. So she gets her stuff, and her kid, ready, and she shows up at his door under the pretext of "Checking up on him" to pressure him into letting her stay after she's already made her way into his home.
It's shocking how even her being a stranger would make this story less offensive.
@ErikTheRed striking every comment you don't agree on doesn't change our opinion

What change our opinion are how the story progress
You know that loser's actually been going through every last one of my comments and striking them all for weeks now.
Half of the chapter was basically about that she could be lying to him about that.
The chapter is her lying about her pretense for staying, brother. She says it's her apartment, but it's probably something else.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There's too much hate in the comment section. I think the story is fine for now since there's we don't have enough info.

First of all, people saying the woman is a terrible person. I would say she's neutral. we see that she work. she probably pay rent or something. it's not like he say he will let her live there for free.

2nd point. People saying MC is a simp and comparing it to OnlyFan beta. I would say no. She's his EX not some random person that the MC throwing away for nothing. They probably have some kind of deep history we didn't know about.

Dex-chan lover
People once again being incapable of any kind of empathy and automatically making the mom out as the worst kind of villain.
Wonder how they'll keep up their sexist rhetoric if evidence contrary to their assumptions appears in the future.
I think it's a minority that's just really vocal really, most of the readers that enjoy this are probably just being silent and not entering the comments section because people commenting here are just too immature. Hopefully most of these readers (or trolls I guess, I don't get why you'd read something you don't enjoy except if you're out to be malicious) will leave after a while.

Dex-chan lover
People once again being incapable of any kind of empathy and automatically making the mom out as the worst kind of villain.
Wonder how they'll keep up their sexist rhetoric if evidence contrary to their assumptions appears in the future.
why would a reader need to have empathy to any sort of character in a fictional work? while i do agree that people overreacted to the story's premise and how it was presented it's not hard to see why they have that kind of opinion, you make it out as if these people were sexist even though it was partially a result of how the story was presented

First of all, people saying the woman is a terrible person. I would say she's neutral. we see that she work. she probably pay rent or something. it's not like he say he will let her live there for free.
We have no word on rent, chores, or anything. He's just letting her stay because he's a simp.
2nd point. People saying MC is a simp and comparing it to OnlyFan beta. I would say no. She's his EX not some random person that the MC throwing away for nothing. They probably have some kind of deep history we didn't know about.
So far the "history" is she breaks up with him, and then ghosts for 17 years, only to show up entirely out of nowhere to pressure him into letting her and her ungrateful daughter mooch off him.

A random person showing up and begging him to take them in would be more sympathetic.
Hopefully most of these readers (or trolls I guess, I don't get why you'd read something you don't enjoy except if you're out to be malicious) will leave after a while.
Nope. We're in it for the long haul. This story is rage bait incarnate.
why would a reader need to have empathy to any sort of character in a fictional work? while i do agree that people overreacted to the story's premise and how it was presented it's not hard to see why they have that kind of opinion, you make it out as if these people were sexist even though it was partially a result of how the story was presented
He doesn't actually believe anyone is sexist. Communists don't believe anything they say. He's just saying whatever he thinks will demean, defame, or discredit the people that disagree with his own poorly-formed worldview.

Dex-chan lover
We have no word on rent, chores, or anything. He's just letting her stay because he's a simp.

So far the "history" is she breaks up with him, and then ghosts for 17 years, only to show up entirely out of nowhere to pressure him into letting her and her ungrateful daughter mooch off him.

A random person showing up and begging him to take them in would be more sympathetic.

Nope. We're in it for the long haul. This story is rage bait incarnate.

He doesn't actually believe anyone is sexist. Communists don't believe anything they say. He's just saying whatever he thinks will demean, defame, or discredit the people that disagree with his own poorly-formed worldview.
this dude is gonna have a novel length NTR fanfic written out in the comments by the time this series hits chapter 10 lol

Double-page supporter
If a Japanese version exists, our MC is exactly the kind who will absolutely get dragged by FMC into participating in the Maury paternity testing parade at some point :02:

Users who are viewing this thread