Hare-Kon. - Vol. 17 Ch. 158 - The "Hamu"d Man

Dex-chan lover
Honestly... I'm getting sick of this... When's our main girl going to get a fucking break??? (Fine with spoilers) So spoil me baby :O

@ColonelPabs254 My god don't even get me started... When I read that part that said they kept him being married a secret it's already set in stone that something like that WILL fucking happen >,> And I swear if our main girl doesn't get recognized or somthin then I'm dropping it (Sick of seeing her being shit on constantly) even if it's her stupid choice

@eviljackspicer She doesn't seem like the cover girl... so we might be o.k. there

Fed-Kun's army
while this is happening, madoka in later chapter will came back...so public wife? not sure considering there's possibility for 4th wife too

Group Leader
I'm totally with you @gruntzone360. Like, I can even understand a poly-amorous relationship working and being completely fair and even between all parties but honestly, the whole series I've only ever seen poor Koharu be put on the back burner. Ryu has a clear preference in his wives, not that he doesn't love Koharu, but just that obviously not as much as the others. I kinda hope that vague foreshadowing is her breaking off in the end. I think she really does put her all into the relationship, not just with Ryu but with Yuzu and Rin as well, but I don't think she really gets the same effort back.

Power Uploader
@gomichandesu

One of the beautiful things about this series is the difficulty they have working through the marriages. It's not a simple there you go, their all bonded to each other like in most Fantasy stories.

Those are nice, but they lose some of the realism... and while we don't often read manga (or comics) for their realism, it helps at least occassionally for a breath of fresh air.

Last I recalled, Koharu was the 'favoured' wife, the problem is she's also the most junior wife, #3. While I want to see Madoka come back, it'll be troublesome and a new arc of drama for Koharu to deal with.

Keeping in mind the story for the most part is seen from Koharu's POV, and she got thrown into it to save her family from debt/cafe. I'm sure it can be a huge struggle to maintain something that she railed against (men cheating) so here we are, with the character Koharu still dealing with being the non-primary relationship, or at least I think thats how she sees it even if he TRIES to make it even.

The other problem is she has yet to have a child with her husband... and with the time jump, I'm sure that weighs on her as well.

Group Leader
I really hope you finish translating this. Thanks for the hard work up to now.

Group Leader
@godrickharg
Koharu is the MC but I havent really seen much to suggest she's the "favored" wife in Ryu's actions at least. Especially in these later arcs, he appears to merely be paying her lip service from time to time (but admittedly, it's been a while since I've given this a good read through from the beginning though so maybe my early memory of the series is fuzzy). I agree, the birth of his son definitely changed and strengthened his relationship with Yuzu. He seems to be more doting and caring towards her, the mother of his child, than Koharu. (And though I'm sure she genuinely wants to be a mother herself for herself regardless, but I find it somewhat sad that there's this slight undertone in her actions and expressions of "If I have a baby too then maybe I'll be a part of the family again/He'll pay more attention to me" imo. Like that scene where she's sleeping alone with the baby while Ryu and Yuzu have sex in the other room screams that to me, Koharu just seems to be the babysitter half the time.) I think what you're seeing as Koharu struggling with not being the "primary partner"/junior wife I'm seeing more as Koharu expressing her loneliness within the relationship. Which, is not very healthy or good for her.
It's not so much that I'm expecting that typical shoujo love at first sight/true love concurs all out of this manga, the realistic conflict of poly-amorous relationships is definitely it's selling point. I'm just saying that I don't think Koharu is being treated as an equal in this 3 some, she's always looked like the outsider looking in. In the beginning of course, she was just that. Pushed into the situation out of necessity rather than any genuine interest or real consent of the relationship, but she's long since grown to have true feelings towards the family as a whole. With all that in mind I just think/hope for a realistic (and ultimately, healthy) end for her journey is to realize this isn't a relationship that's being fair to her and she can move on to happier and healthier relationships.
Or the climax to the series could be Koharu finally being able to adequately express and make understood her feelings and concerns, and Ryuu/Yuzu taking those feelings seriously and making changes in order to have her feel more included and less lonely. Either one would produce a positive ending imo.

Dex-chan lover
@gomichandesu I didn't manage... No, I can't finish-reading your long comments because-, WTF is wrong with your portrait photo, man!?

Group Leader
@vf89
lol what do you mean, it's just Rec-chan, the cutest girl in school? She's so moe
https://mangadex.org/title/16048/bakemono-recchan

Aggregator gang
Ty for bringing it back from the tomb! Idk if i will keep reading it, but i hope to see the end of this some time ;/

BTW, these character should had talked with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Catra... He was THE polygamy legend here in Brazil... He should have some good advices kk'

Yuzu best waifu

I am so annoyed at how the kid doesn't call koharu mama or something... they should have explained it to the kid early on that he has 2 moms. This is gonna be hell when the kid enters school and gets bullied.

Also he should cut his hair, that short hair of his was the best.

I'm scared that Koharu will have Ryuu sperm tested and it'll show up that he's impotent... That'd mean the kid ain't his (but it's kinda foreshadowed but It's still hard to accept)

I hope ryuu won't be a dick and not care about the whole THOT thing because his wives can handle it... tbh the best ending would be the girls get together and leave the guy hahaha

There is a Korean webtoon with poly relationship too, but that had 2 guys and 1 wife

Double-page supporter
The apropriate response is "if you cintact me again outside of a business meeting, I'll let my wives take turns beating you with a bat until *I* get tired. Thank you and good night."

Users who are viewing this thread