Hariko no Otome - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1

Dex-chan lover
The hell. How did the spirit change it's entire face after removing the onesie?
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
@Sanmer : I think it might be better to use 'magic eyes' instead of demon eyes, considering nothing about demons is mentioned so far.

Though you updating this have made me went and skim through the RAWs :v so here's spoilers for people who hate waiting
Yui obviously heal the little spirit here.
Yui learn form Sucur that the spirits get this bad due to 'curse users' that forcibly steal their power away, this is illegal but there's still people who secretly do it.
Yui then remember there's a lot of such wounded spirits back at the estate and think her family might have something to do with it.
Then the old maid told her that every girl who has magic eyes, regardless of their origins, are to be considered consort candidate (i.e. mistress to the king)

Then Yui suddenly collapse...

Doctor's analysis: It's her growing fever. Since she's been malnourished for so long, after having proper meal and treat normally after coming here her body is starting to grow.

After her growth fever subsides, she and everyone finds out she's a BEAUTY. Even Yui herself was like "I HAVE SO MANY CLOTHES I WANT TO MAKE FOR THIS ME"
The maids commented that she doesn't look like her parents at all, but then note that she might resemble the royal family more, since the Nylle family do have some connection to the royal family in the past.
Although the discussion also results in her basically being banned from going outside since with how cute and tiny she is, she's definitely gonna get kidnapped.

And another spoiler for ch 5
The father is obviously losing status since he's obviously a leech

He thinks that Rodan's true aim wasn't for Yui's needlework, but rather to get the connection to royal family given the past of the Nylle family.

But the evil dad has a SECRET PLAN!
That is the 'contract with the spider'

Basically, according to dad (and wrong, obviously), the Nylle family make contract with the monster spider and through it performs the blessing embroidery.
But any time someone marries out, the head of the family must rewrite the contract to remove them.
Otherwise, the moment they change their name, the spider will return to being a monster AND KILL EVERYONE NEARBY

So he thinks that once Rodan marry Yui, they'll die because of breaking the contract.

And in the background to his evil laugh there's what seems to be Yui's sister being leeched onto by a giant shadowy spider.

So speculation: After a few generations of proper blessing sewing, the more evil (read: dad-like) members of the family can't use it, and make contract with monster to steal spirits power to make the blessing happen (we get to see how it sorta work in ch 4 when the retired king came wearing one of dad's handiwork...it look shit but it definitely has the protection) and keep passing on that method until the truth disappear and Yui herself re-awaken to the power.

Double-page supporter
So he gave them protective kitty onesies to band-aid the spirits wounds. Why fluffy kitty onesies? Because he's a man of good taste. I'm liking this guy already. ♡✧。 (⋈◍>◡<◍)。✧♡

Dex-chan lover
You did a great job with the translation!

Thanks for your hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread