Hariko no Otome - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.2

I'm calling the polee-heece

Honestly this is dubious, but if it only stays as a political maneuver without an ounce of romance or sexual implications that comes with marriage it would actually be really interesting

Wait, he could've adopted her..... Yeah, this is dubious as hell.

im calling both the police and an exorcist holy shit
thank you for the chapter! this is one of my favourite mangas so far despite of the uh, former king's marriage proposal

This is very clearly a marriage of convenience (to protect her). Given the fact that they can't adopt her this is the next best option. This would prevent her from entering the current King's harem, being taken back to her family and if anybody ever finds out about her powers it shields her from most people.

I think the author/ illustrators just had it shown this way because it comes off far more dramatic when reading.

under this context their relationship isn't creepy or inappropriate however if it does become romantic then yes it would be creepy and pedo.

And the fomer king has to be at least 40💁

Dex-chan lover
I totally thought it will be Rodan but the former king?, now is getting interesting.

@redRetsuko Actually, it can't be pedo since she's 15, to be paedophile it has to be below 13. I dunno the marriage age or adulthood age in this story but since the former king proposed marriage and no other things, by their standards is ok.

@Debrandir If she's adopted, other people CAN ask for her hand in marriage and other stuff. If she marriage with the former king she gains protection AND immunity to this, also the status "wife of the former king" which has a lot of weight.

I mean... It could be an engagement only for now due to circumstances, and wait until she's adult enough or ready to go further only then proceed with the rest of the processes. Like, presumably, they aren't going to do "it" right after she agrees, if she agrees. The former king guy appears to be respectful enough with the proposal instead of forcing it by using his authority and power, FL still has the option to reject him. It appears to be very much motivated by safety and political concerns than romantic/lustful desires. It's ehh-huh-hmm but oh-well-understandable for me personally.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda weird cause of the age difference but it’s not terrible either plus it will at least give her a decent bit of protection granted given how shit her family is it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to have arjid (probably butchered his name) murdered

Now thats what you call clothes the earlier one is like a arab clothing with accessories attached randomly by a 4 year old

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@redRetsuko Im surprisingly okay if it becomes romantic later on. (as in It won't look creepy and pedo to me but having other suitors might be preferable) Since its not a love at first sight thing it could be seen as 'slow relationship development'. As in, they grew to like each other as individuals instead of pedo fetish preferences.

@Debrandir Marriage is a better form of "protection". All sorts of people WILL come after her to "marry her" if she gets adopted. Most of which would have bad intentions and the Former King would not be able to protect her from those guys 24/7. But nobody can do anything except attempt to curry favor if she is already taken as the former king's wife. On top of that, it would be easier to be a doting husband (Can't say anything meaningful) than a doting father (Can get called out for not letting his daughter be more independent for her future).

As far as protection goes, adoption works but marriage is better. Of course, marriage has the side effect of reducing actual potential romance partners to 0 but meh. Safety first?

She's 30 years old already if we plus her age before reincarnation 😅
Am I trying find excuses to save everyone from feeling uncomfortable?

@Nep @Serverclosed oh I see, I see. These are some nice points.

Well, there isn't a romance tag in the desc but it can change in the future, so let's wait and see how it develops.

@hitsuchan lol I think I can live with that idea. From now on, she’s just another one of those old lolis in my mind.... (ʃ⌣́,⌣́ƪ)

I don’t see why everyone is freaking out, it seems like a reasonable solution to me? A marriage doesn’t have to consummated, depending on the country’s traditions and the individuals’ beliefs. And it effectively handles a lot of their issues? And in this society it would be normal? I mean why do people always think marriage has to have romance and that, it can be purely for business too, especially in this fictional era?

@Sparklepink22K she can't marry else the itty bitty spider that accompanies her will turn back into a monster and kill everyone in sight

I would normally be against this marriage, since she is 15 and he is at least in his 40s but it's a business marriage made only to protect her from her family, so I'm fine with it.

@Kaptainko Considering that info is from her shitty father that seems to barely understand divine embroidery, I have doubts that the legend is true. I think it'll probably be some sort of misunderstanding from one of their ancestors.

Dex-chan lover
Eh? I thought it was gonna be her x the noble who originally rescued her?

Users who are viewing this thread