Haru x Kiyo - Vol. 8 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, so the going abroad thing was properly talked about, good, since an important event like that needed more talk. Both the third wheels in this manga are so annoying though, just fuck off shortie. Even Shimura learned by now.

Group Leader
How many times has Kiyo found Haru in suspicious circumstances with that dirtbag 3rd wheel? What right does she have to get pissed at him when she allows similar situations to happen to her? Oh, sorry, I forgot, she's got the I.Q. of a lump of coal so making logical connections is impossible for her.

Double-page supporter
Phew, I'm glad it ended well. It's tough for Haru to hear "yeah, keep at it" after feeling at the end of her rope. She says that she may not understand things as well as Kiyo, but it can also makes things a lot more scary for her, because she can't comfort herself with logic like Kiyo at the end of the day. Even having done nothing wrong and his unwavering love, he also has fears that she might decide it's over. No matter the reason, it's still scary. The fears just fueled the rift along with annoying girl. As awful as their fight went, I wanted a bigger gesture from both when they worked it out, but it doesn't really suit the characters to do anything bigger. And why did the annoying rival girl get treated Kiyo's super rare smile after all this? Grrr, do not reward this behavior. Urk, just noticed there are only a few chapters left, I hope there's more romance than rivals in the next few to come. thanks, @Träumerei Scans

[ul]
How many times has Kiyo found Haru in suspicious circumstances with that dirtbag 3rd wheel? What right does she have to get pissed at him when she allows similar situations to happen to her? Oh, sorry, I forgot, she's got the I.Q. of a lump of coal so making logical connections is impossible for her.
[/ul]

yeah thats the thing though- she didnt get mad at him. in fact in this very chapter she basically tells kiyo that she understands it was probably an accident because of dwarf chick and hes not the type to just cheat on her. but the thing is, yeah she is kinda dumb. She knows this, everyone knows this, she cant process things as well as kiyo can and she outright says this to kiyo. Him telling her to "do your best" or "keep at it" is driving her crazy because shes already doing that. She needs more emotional comfort and praise from kiyo, but im not saying hes in the wrong or anything either (calling her idiot several times and yelling at her was his wrongdoing though because it really did hurt her).

But Harus feelings are probably bubbling over at this point because she doesnt know what to do with them, the stress of being harshly scolded by the only person she was trying to impress, constantly bombarded by some random underclassman who has absolutely NO shame OR boundaries, and seeing her bf with said underclassman (despite knowing he wasnt cheating) back to back to back... she really is gonna explode.

And to top it all off, im sure she also feels inadequate after hearing that she is not good enough for kiyo over and over and over from different people (kiyos brother and now this persistent rando) like she probably has some major self confidence issues. Keep in mind, the last time she was bursting with confidence was when she was cheering because she thought kiyo would admire her or praise her. but then all that was immediately shot down in the infirmary which is probably why him yelling at her and calling her an idiot probably hurt way more than it would have otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread