Hataraku Maou-sama! - Vol. 18 Ch. 93

Dex-chan lover
@Gargooner
I find it interesting that people ship Maou with Emi. Knowing the fact that They're both former bitter enemies that slaughter each other. Yes, Maou apparently didn't kill Emi's Father. But sure, let's gloss over the casualties in war for both of them and make them lovey dovey.

If anything, i can only see them resolving their differences, but I can't really agree with Maou and Emi as a romantic partner.

On the other hand, Chi-chan is more Neutral and supportive regardless of what Maou had done.

Well, it becomes more clear why ppl ship it as the series goes on. This arc here is like the first big step. As for Chiho, lots more ppl would've accepted her if the author developed the relationship itself. Which he didn't. He remembered he barely developed Chiho herself and suddenly started focusing on her more in volume 15 and beyond, yet still didn't develop the relationship between her and Maou. Yet Maou and Emi kept getting developments individually and together. That's why ppl are pissed. You can't have more than half the series developing one relationship with obvious romantic inclinations that you, the author inserted and then expect ppl to be alright with you throwing it in the readers' faces. He didn't even let Emi confess, he had Chiho do it for her. Blegh

Group Leader
thanks for the translation!
wtf happened in these last pages xD

what a cliffhanger!! this manga is getting better and better. the first few volumes did give off a boring feeling but now the plot is good. i'm hoping for the next chapter soon!

so this is the start (presumably) of that infamous chiho route, the one whom maou pick at the end of the novel

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I don't know how I feel about it,
I don't dislike Chiho, but I think it would make more sense if Emi and Mou are together in the end, let's just hope the manga changes the end

Users who are viewing this thread