Hatsukoi Algorithm - Ch. 6 - Amamiya Wants to Research Alone

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 25, 2019
Messages
4,507
He's not choosing Kujou. He's just not. The manga has already set Amamiya as the central/more important character, he's already been sucked into her orbit far more than Kujou's, Kujou is a childhood friend and a gal which is the double-kiss-of-death in a series where being one of those things isn't the focus/niche for the series, and in general I think people are way overestimating the manga industry's appetite for subversions of classic tropes.

I think she's a better character, but she's not gonna be the chosen one. We're gonna dither and stall our way through the whole series until readership falls off and then it'll either end with a non-choosing non-ending or he or Amamiya will hurriedly confess at the very end while trying to say that they don't understand love.

It sucks but it's probably better to resign yourself to the worse scenario now and always have the chance to be pleasantly surprised instead of ignoring the warning signs to hang your hope on something that will likely not come to pass and end up disappointing you.
 
Supporter
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
3,368
He's not choosing Kujou. He's just not. The manga has already set Amamiya as the central/more important character, he's already been sucked into her orbit far more than Kujou's, Kujou is a childhood friend and a gal which is the double-kiss-of-death in a series where being one of those things isn't the focus/niche for the series, and in general I think people are way overestimating the manga industry's appetite for subversions of classic tropes.

I think she's a better character, but she's not gonna be the chosen one. We're gonna dither and stall our way through the whole series until readership falls off and then it'll either end with a non-choosing non-ending or he or Amamiya will hurriedly confess at the very end while trying to say that they don't understand love.

It sucks but it's probably better to resign yourself to the worse scenario now and always have the chance to be pleasantly surprised instead of ignoring the warning signs to hang your hope on something that will likely not come to pass and end up disappointing you.
I hate what yer saying, but yer right. 😭
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 25, 2023
Messages
627
I disagree with people thinking this is going one way or another. Traditionally in setups like this if theres a designated winner she gets most of the screen time early, they don't try to give you an equal set up between all the girls, especially early on they front load the winner, Tsumiki is a good example. Same with Komi. Granted in both of those cases the girls name was on the cover but.

If this wasn't headed towards both the author wouldn't be spending so much time at the start evenly distributing the two girls to build equal stock with them with the audience. It doesn't sell to do so and then go to one girl.

Granted the idea of the MC actually ending up with multiple girls is a more recent development in romcoms, but I'll cut off my autism here by just saying, structurally this is being written for him to end up with both, and if I'm incorrect(Assuming no axe), I'll quote this comment 3-4 years from now.
Probably but couter argument. Quintessential Quintuplets
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top