Hawk Scans

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much for your amazing work on, um, that manga...Along with the Gods! You are SO GOOD at making the language flow, and the art quality is sharp.

I was really, really, really times 6 million really sick (even more so than my usual Still's disease+ makes me, and I'm mostly bed- to bath-bound; THANK GOD FOR INDOOR PLUMBING AND MY REMAINING ABILITY TO GET TO IT!) when I stumbled across your work, and I was able to escape the pain, nausea, horrible etc.-stuff by absorbing myself into the manhwa. I gobbled it all up in one sitting! Thanks again for all your hard work over all this time. You really, really, really times 6 million really helped me more than you know.

This is my first post here ever, and my first log in ever, which I got around to doing specifically to post this. Thanks again! Me.

Group Leader
@berubetto I'm sorry to hear what you've got to deal with on a daily basis but I'm glad that you've found manga that helps you escape your disease for a bit. Can you imagine how bad it would be if we still had bathrooms outside in the yard?

I don't even know how I started working on Along with the Gods, but the story sucked me in around the 4th chapter and here we are, 70 chapters later! It's a lot more exciting to translate each chapter knowing that I get to share this with people who like it as much as I do! Just a shame I can't comment on the new chapter threads because my translation is usually one or two chapters ahead and I don't want to spoil you guys.

The first story, about the underworld, is almost done (v3.ch.78 is the last one) but there's two more stories (3 and 2 volumes each) that should be just as interesting. I hope it'll keep on giving you a small break from shitty life stuff every once in a while 😊

Double-page supporter
All manga I like is helpful, but Along with the Gods is that perfect blend of story, art that my brain processes naturally, and humor in just the right amount, which I think is a lot of humor, but it doesn't get in the way of the story. Your skin lesion is so perfect. I'm using the voice dictation utility. Of course, I meant "scanlation." Every part of it is so incredibly reliable.

I was reading it before I got around to setting up my account, so I don't know exactly where I left off (poor me, I have to reread a lot of it again!), but I remember when it had the ongoing gag of the female death god falling off of high places and then THAT GAG SET OFF A MORE SERIOUS PLOT!!! I love that kind of thing when it's handled well, and it completely blindsided the character AND the audience! So well done!

Thanks for taking my comment for what it was, which was not a pity-party invitation but a serious compliment. You hit the perfect tone in your reply, which not everybody does when I make this kind of compliment. That's why I don't do it all that often anymore but I had to in this case and I'm glad I did. People's lives are people's lives, y'know? There was this one idiot on Wikipedia who replied, "Well, sorry for getting you out of your sickbed," and not wanting to waste my energy I only mentally replied, "You didn't! I EDIT FROM THERRRRRRE!"

Lastly, there's an amazing documentary on YouTube about the history of the toilet and the current modern efforts to bring the rest of humanity into modern toilet practices that I watch whenever I start feeling down. ("I got an indoor toilet AND a freezer! Globally, I'm RICH!") It doesn't require a strong stomach throughout. I was so fascinated that I had no problem, but there's a conceptual ew when it gets to Bangladesh. But the first ~45 minutes of this BBC documentary doesn't actually show you anything that would bother someone, and I know this to be true, because it's so fascinating that in getting this URL for this reply to you I got caught up in watching the full hour of it one more time:

https://youtu.be/0ZHm3vkavgM

It might have even been my fourth time! But if you have a weak mental stomach, after the international toilet conference, stop watching. One of my favorite subtle parts is the mournful music when the Roman toilets leave Britain.

Anyway, I rambled into my voice typewriter so who knows what weird errors I missed but this was fun for me. On my geekdiva Wikipedia page, I have a quote about how I'm sorry I couldn't make this shorter but I did not have the time, and that definitely applies to this post. Thanks again!

Double-page supporter
HAH! I missed your use of the word "shitty" until I re-skimmed this! That is so funny in the context of the whole discussion of toilets! Thanks also for the wonderful conversation.

I wonder if there were any cultures that have thought that there were bowel movements in the afterlife... How amusing that would be! "And then it was revealed that thy inner wastes shall then be removed as if by Star Trek teleporter before it wouldst hit the air, so thy game-playing wouldst never need cease even from thy overeating, and Jabba-the-Hut'hood wouldst be attainable in the fullness of time..."

ue

Thank you for your great work on Along with the Gods. It’s one of my favourite webtoons and I’m so happy to get another chance to read it.

Dex-chan lover
Hi translator... I'd like to recommend a series similar to Chitei Ryokou maybe for a future project if you could

https://mangadex.org/title/52742/gigant-wo-ute
🙏

Group Leader
@berubetto Yup, still alive and well! It's been a weird few months but I'm lucky enough to be able to do what I do from home. And even though 2020 suuuucks, I've had a few very good things happen in my personal life this year so it hasn't been all bad all the time. Hope you're staying safe as well and that your health problems aren't keeping you glued to a toilet! It's definitely easier to read manga in bed, have you found any good ones lately? Sorry for the late answer btw, I've been crazy busy lately (and had a bit of a burnout with scanlating) and I had to pause Along with the Gods because it was eating so much of my time.

@Syanindita I appreciate the recommendation, unfortunately that's a JP series and it doesn't look like it's been translated to French or Korean (my korean isn't great so I'd probably struggle with the translation tbh). It looks pretty cool though so I'll have to wait with you for another group to pick it up. Maybe you can suggest it to one of the scan groups that work on seinen or translate manga from the same magazine? Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread