Hawkwood

Dex-chan lover
If you play Eu4 as England:
1. Ally Aragon and Burgundy. CTA them with promise of French land.
2. Marry everything, don't let War of the Roses break your personal union.
3. Don't give your allies any land in the peace deal, you have another great power as your PU subject, Aragon and Burgundy can fuck off.

The map is so wrong Ch3 p6 Paris cant be on this map
Why they use capes and not surcoats ?
There is no way that the archer putted arrows on a armour's weak spot on moving target on horse. An arrow has a flight time and an horseman is moving during that same time, also arrows wont pass trough armour if they are out of weak spot so trying too shoot a weak point on a moving guy that is lets say 50 m away its like trying to win lottery
"Catapults" were not used , just have a look at this nice video about it from Shadiversity on Yt

Contributor
@KappaNanpa Don't think too hard.
There are simply too many inaccuracies to worry about a mere lucky shot or their way to represent CoAs.
Like the fact that the French are using longbows rather than the crossbow, or the fact that everyone is wealthy enough to be in chains and/or plates while barely anyone is wearing the gambeson, or the fact that they are using jousting lances (rather than war lances) that also isn't long enough to be crouched under the arm as intended.
Suspension of disbelief, my dear, suspension of disbelief.

EDIT: If you want a good, solid, medieval manga, Wolfsmund is miles better.

Aggregator gang
@SystematicChaos
Who is responsible for translating and editing the English dialect that the English footmen are speaking? How is it rendered originally - in Middle/Old English, or in an old form in Japanese? I want to go digging through the same sources, to build some old English dialogue for tabletop RPG purposes.

Power Uploader
@x754
The original is rendered in the same kind of Japanese, but horizontally instead of vertically, which is how text in a different language is generally rendered in manga. I chose to render it in Middle English to provide a means of differentiation between the English translation which is diagetically French, and the "English tongue". I may have been able to get the same effect with just a different font, but I thought this would add a layer of authenticity. I mostly used this as a resource: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/m/middle-english-dictionary
Someone who actually studied Middle English in university might have been able to do a better job than me, but I feel I did the best I could.

Aggregator gang
@SystematicChaos
I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a translation. Well above and beyond. I think that means it's time to go donate to Hokuto no Gun.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I‘ve read all available chapters and I all I can say: a history book in manga form. It‘s just too boring. The mangaka doesn‘t know how to engage his readers.
Hawkwood is like Kingdom - except that it‘s vastly inferior in every single measurement.

But big praise to Hokuto No Gun. They once again did an amazing job. One of the absolute best scanlation groups.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for continuing the translation. I've just caught up to Gunka no Baltzar and after it's conclusion to it's war arc I was starving for more war manga, found this one and hooked ever since.

Dex-chan lover
Mindblowing that the author of this very solid historical war manga instead of continuing this is now drawing garbage tier isekais. Why

Users who are viewing this thread