Hazure Skill "Kage ga Usui" o Motsu Guild Shokuin ga, Jitsuha Densetsu no Ansatsusha - Ch. 36 - Business Trip to the Royal Capital (Part 2)

Contributor
MC causing the sudden redemption of terrible people has been a recurring theme in this manga. The very same thing happened with the ugly bastard slave-owning feudal lord of Lahti who once "owned" Meili and got reformed after being intimidated by the MC.

While that's a good thing in the end, I do have mixed feelings about redemption being so quick, easy and painless for these bad guys without them having to be punished for their boatload of past misdeeds first. This shitbag manager forced 3 employees to quit and might have sexually harassed countless women any number of times, but in a matter of days he's redeemed? Man, it's just unbelievable but I do understand they probably don't want to spend so much screentime drawing these ugly bastards.

Anyway, there's no way the MC is choosing career advancement over his harem. He knows his priorities: harem first. Hell, only Dee was missing that night for a full harem sleepover in his house. It's interesting that Iris fully acknowledges Milia's feelings for the MC even as they're supposed to be rivals in that regard, and rushes to tell her he's not leaving them.

It's also interesting to me that all 4 of his haremettes are currently in different stages of relationships with him:
NameLove for him requited?Had sex with him?
Laila (demon queen wife)♥ Yes★ Yes, regularly
Dee (vampire)♥ Yes☆ (not yet)
Iris (guild branch manager)♡ (not yet)★ Yes
Milia (guild staff senpai)♡ (not yet)☆ (not yet)

For funsies, let's add some of the other girls he's met before:
Almeria Ferrind (princess)❌(avoiding)❌(avoiding)
Leynora (date rape drug prince's ex-secretary)- (N/A, one night stand)★ Yes
Sasha (adventurer, saved in childhood)❌(avoiding)❌(rejected)
Diana (busty adventurer from mixer)- (N/A, almost one night stand)☆ (almost, interrupted)
Tanya (adventurer encountered in alley)- (N/A, quickie encounter)★ Yes
Filly (capital city hostess)- (N/A, gratitude only)☆ (initially rejected, not yet)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
MC causing the sudden redemption of terrible people has been a recurring theme in this manga. The very same thing happened with the ugly bastard slave-owning feudal lord of Lahti who once "owned" Meili and got reformed after being intimidated by the MC.

While that's a good thing in the end, I do have mixed feelings about redemption being so quick, easy and painless for these bad guys without them having to be punished for their boatload of past misdeeds first. This shitbag manager forced 3 employees to quit and might have sexually harassed countless women any number of times, but in a matter of days he's redeemed? Man, it's just unbelievable but I do understand they probably don't want to spend so much screentime drawing these ugly bastards.

Anyway, there's no way the MC is choosing career advancement over his harem. He knows his priorities: harem first. Hell, only Dee was missing that night for a full harem sleepover in his house. It's interesting that Iris fully acknowledges Milia's feelings for the MC even as they're supposed to be rivals in that regard, and rushes to tell her he's not leaving them.

It's also interesting to me that all 4 of his haremettes are currently in different stages of relationships with him:
Laila (demon queen wife)♥ Yes★ Yes, regularly
Dee (vampire)♥ Yes☆ (not yet)
Iris (guild branch manager)♡ (not yet)★ Yes
Milia (guild staff senpai)♡ (not yet)☆ (not yet)

For funsies, let's add some of the other girls he's met before:
Almeria Ferrind (princess)❌(avoiding)❌(avoiding)
Leynora (date rape drug prince's ex-secretary)- (N/A, one night stand)★ Yes
Sasha (adventurer, saved in childhood)❌(avoiding)❌(rejected)
Diana (busty adventurer from mixer)- (N/A, almost one night stand)☆ (almost, interrupted)
Tanya (adventurer encountered in alley)- (N/A, quickie encounter)★ Yes
Filly (capital city hostess)- (N/A, gratitude only)☆ (initially rejected, not yet)
Hmmm.. Dee mentions sucking blood is akin to having sex for vamp.

She also pretty disgusted when almost bering forced to drink random human blood.

Would it count since she looks like drinks his blood during their first meeting?

Dex-chan lover
It'd be cool if the manager actually goes through trying to change. Would be a breath of fresh air, when most these mangas just would just make him go "haha I was just faking, I'm still super bad guy."
While I would agree in general, I can't say so for this situation. Had he reacted with more surprise at his actions and less angry guilt, then sure, him changing would make sense. But the reaction he did have? He knew and still did it, so I don't believe the overnight change.

He seemed to get too humble, too fast for what we were shown. And Loran calling the guild staff the manager's friends... that was either a translation error or the author lost the plot a bit.

I think the change would have been better if we saw him have the epiphany. Like, maybe he went back to that hostess place and saw another girl under the same pressure, realized how disgusting it was (sometimes people don't understand until they see what they did from a different angle), saved her, and then bowed in apology the next day.

Basically, it feels like there's a missing link in his changed behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread