Hazure Skill [Mapping] wo Te ni Shita Shonen ha Saikyou Party to Dungeon ni Idomu

"I'm the weakest!" is so overused at this point.

edit: Original description had it right

Mapping is somewhat of a double edged sword in my opinion. Information is key in this type of a scenario and actively mapping while exploring so you dont need to make a map or what ever the system is on the fly is incredibly convenient and lowers risks substantially.

However, what happens after that? Everything is mapped and all the information has been established? The only way to keep mapping relevant in a scenario where they're repeatedly delving into the same place(which is the typical way to farm materials in asian games no?) is to never put anything on paper and keep it locked in the mappers possession. This would probably be the ideal thing to do in a competitive scenario where they don't want to share the information EVER. Yet it brings the problem of "we have to drag this guy who doesn't have any up to bar combat abilities" with them every time they go to that dungeon.

And on the other hand. If they do put things on paper then whats the point of bringing the mapper to a place where they've already gotten all the information from? It's an unnecessary burden which is why he has been put into the situation he is now. Mapping is only useful in the end game scenario where information has not been established and at hand.

How I'd like for the story to develop is basically that he gets carried to end game out of necessity and not despised due to the burden but embraced because of the convenience and the support he provides in said scenario. It's also very likely he will gain some more supportive skills that interact with mapping (probably enemy radar etc). The fact that he is also automatically mapping everything without prejudice means he is likely to spot some hidden rooms which everyone will appreciate as well.

I'm actually hoping he stays as a passive support in that sense and doesn't develop any super groundbreaking abilities like where he can affect the terrain etc because that's a copout for the protagonist to feel more useful. A party member that focuses on information is not a conventional slot in most video game cases but I find it a buttload more interesting and overpowered as has been said by others.

I think it'd be pretty cool if the manga took the route in which the mc used his mapping skill to become a great strategist.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this can go either in 2 ways...
Either the MC becomes OP because of some shoelaced nonsense the author asspulled,
Or the MC will be portrayed as this hopeless child that has no actual agency or enough personality to carry himself forward, so he'd need other people to constantly carry him, while having small victories here and there.

P.S: As some of ya'll said, being a walking all-powerful radar cannot possibly be useless, and the attempt to paint it as such is shill.

@vodkavodka it was not greatly explained until this chapter but yes, the others maps skills ARE more powerfull than his, and nobody had the idea of using mapping into a dungeon since only strong people with strong skills atempted to explore them ; mapping taking out all the "slots" for all potential skills, the people with it never bothered to try their luck down there, soince they didnt have the disposition to survive and dungeons werent know to being "others worlds". Also, his skill is fairly rare.

Dex-chan lover
@grom
Also, his skill is fairly rare.
This part confuses me the most. How it's possible to meet such a level of prejudice to this skill when it's rare and wasn't properly researched?
From the other hand, if it's not so rare, then why this skill is still unresearched?
Again, if it's rare then the author should show us how it's difficult to use it. Without skipping the whole part where MC is using it. What we have now is "well, I will not be using it because this skill is shit. Poor me, the world is so mean. Sob-sob."
It is MC who is shit and not the skill. This is what I think after reading it.
That's not how you write a proper story.
You don't become an adventurer when you disadvantaged. Instead, you should go to cultivate fields and raise livestock.

@vodkavodka

again everyone commenting doesnt seem to have taken the time to read the trans for the novel, this manga spin off of a novel like most do a terrible job explaining key/important things that the novel does, basically a person only has so many slots to learn and he doesnt, instead he slowly has to improve training to get stronger the hard way which most be dont or dont know about but the veteran group that found out about him eventually explains things to him and helps him get stronger, at least so far the trans doesnt have him stronger than any other members and seems to keep that through the story with the group he works with

Dex-chan lover
@bigstew00
You're right, I wasn't reading the novel, though it's a manga-related discussion. Manga's author is clearly doing a poor job.
But it's still weird that people using skills through many generations and some key knowledge is still hidden.

There is no translated ch of the novel afaik, there's only WN translation that stoped long ago.
And manga are always adapted based on the officially published 'Light Novel'.

Also, if someone know how to properly wrote a novel.
He wouldnt be here wasting his time reading a poorly written story.
Instead he should write his own novel/manga.
but the world doesn't work like that eh?👺

Dex-chan lover
So I read the WN raws and
he meets Miya again, she gets jealous that he's laughing and having fun with best girl, she starts taking requests with him in order to "break them up", Miya realizes Note has completely changed from how he was before they split and realize that she liked Note better when he was pathetic when they were in a party together much more so than the current Note, they have a duel where he beat her using the support skills he's learned, and they both air out their true feelings(not romantic no) for each other, they decide they can never go back to being in a party again so they become rivals, she leaves her party in order to join a dungeon diving party just to beat him to the end first.
And that's where the WN raws end.

Users who are viewing this thread