Hazure Skill [Nigeru] de Ore wa Kyokugen-tei Level no Mama Saikyou wo Mezasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
What is stopping him from running deeper into the dungeon?

Why does he not think of going to another dungeon?

Why is he not apologising to obviously in love with him because he's an MC, girl?

Why is his need to gain power as quickly as possible so strong that he'd seems fine with risking his life?

What is up with authors only making depressed MCs all the time?

Will author ever explain how the dropping money works? Did he store his money in "the system"?

If he just brings some metal plates and make a shelter next to the monster spawn he can safely farm right? Why do authors keep putting game mechanics in non game situations like it makes sense?

How is MC so okay with everything including him randomly bending down to avoid the enemy because of a "luck" stat? That has to be world view breaking.

Why is his mother ok with him going alone and almost getting himself killed?

What did that girl even come for if she's just going to leave him to figure everything out on his own? If she actually got scared off by him being an arsehole author cannot reasonably have her come back later to be a GF candidate.

And why poison resistance gear? She knows he's got paper defense, or even worse than paper defense, if he's gotten poisoned he's likely half dead already anyway (before bullshit stat boosts). If it comes up as a plot point she's so extremely fucking magical.

Dex-chan lover
as of now it has potential, but author is lacking skill, hopefully he gets better in future. because as of now, author controls mc bit too much

Dex-chan lover

Why is he not apologising to obviously in love with him because he's an MC, girl?

Why is his need to gain power as quickly as possible so strong that he'd seems fine with risking his life?

What is up with authors only making depressed MCs all the time?

Will author ever explain how the dropping money works? Did he store his money in "the system"?

If he just brings some metal plates and make a shelter next to the monster spawn he can safely farm right? Why do authors keep putting game mechanics in non game situations like it makes sense?

How is MC so okay with everything including him randomly bending down to avoid the enemy because of a "luck" stat? That has to be world view breaking.

What did that girl even come for if she's just going to leave him to figure everything out on his own? If she actually got scared off by him being an arsehole author cannot reasonably have her come back later to be a GF candidate.

And why poison resistance gear? She knows he's got paper defense, or even worse than paper defense, if he's gotten poisoned he's likely half dead already anyway (before bullshit stat boosts). If it comes up as a plot point she's so extremely fucking magical.

I ain't reading allat, but if you don't turn your brain off when reading this kind of low grade story, you will eventually suffer a brain aneurysm

Double-page supporter
tbh I still don't understand how things work, can someone explain in easier way?

Dex-chan lover
I am pretty certain that is what he just realized at the end. IIRC he just realized he can run away to go further into the dungeon.

This is the best training dungeon for now, safe and private.
It is the weakest dungeon in his area, he will leave once he completes it.
He needs to be able to support himself and have his parents not think of him as a looser. He is a unemployed high school drop out.

Also it is not as much needs to but realized he can.
Does it need an explanation?

It is based on the fleeing mechanics from old RPG games, all we need to know is it disappears and magic is involved.

The funds are also a drop from the mobs so do you want an explanation for that as well? because it is "magic"

Though IIRC it only applies to carried funds, so bank balance is safe. In the WN I think it was also a type of drop item that he could exchange/convert to funds outside the dungeon, not actual Japanese currency.
They respawn immediately anyway thanks to his skill.

Game mechanics are used because there is a target audience understand them more easily thanks to growing up playing video games and they are popular with that audience, if you are not part of the audience, just don't read these stories.

It is not even a Japanese only phenomenon as there is a sub-genre of English literature that uses the same called LitRPG, I think there are a couple other names that could apply/be used as well.

But in this case the game mechanics are key to how the author wants the story to progress, as it the the game mechanics that change how we grows.
Magic is real in his world, that what is world breaking for someone where magic is not real is not going to be world break for a world with magic, and his world is already kind of broken as he just found out magic is real.
Most adventurers in his world are not going off to die, but to grind out a living.
That is what she assumes he is going to be doing.

They actually play it very safe, which is going to come up later.
the SP correction works in reverse, and can get reduced to 0, most adventurers barely earn any SP as a result of facing lower level mobs for safety reasons.
She was not scared off. If you do not recognize the tropes there you are not reading what happened properly.
To put is simply, but not fully, she knows he is in a bad place mentally, but actually cares about him.

Oh and she is a recurring character.
it is a piece of generally good gear for a solo adventurer, depending on how poisons work in the stories world, there can be poisons that do more then damage over time. Alcohol is a poison so something that messes with the mind/senses/reasoning is a real worry.

Though I think she assumed he will go further into to that dungeon and there is a poison slime in it (stated int he same chapter as the earrings BTW since you seem to be only looking for reasons to complain as opposed to thinking about answers)

She wants him to get out of his depression, and the earrings are good gear for the exact dungeon that she expects him to go to.

Unless dungeons are new they tend to know what the mobs in them are, this comes up later as the MC starts looking into the mobs of dungeons to decide which ones to raid.
as of now it has potential, but author is lacking skill, hopefully he gets better in future. because as of now, author controls mc bit too much
It is only Ch 3, also the MC is kind of dealing with trauma due to high school bullying.
Said bully is a (but not THE) villain in a later arc, and he will watch her get herself killed

Dex-chan lover
Overly technical but understandable. A lil bit excited to see the skill effects on higher level.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
tbh I still don't understand how things work, can someone explain in easier way?
Alright so basically:
  • The "transparent wall" is an actual wall. He needs to run away towards the wall to continue the timer, which mean he's basically running in place and that's why he's concerned in dealing with higher level monster like that bear he imagined since unlike slime and regardless of high his evasion rate, it'll most likely manage to one shot him.
  • He also needs to search for monsters that go in groups since the skill requires him to. Let's use the chapter 1 and 3 as example:
    • First, he's killing the Treasure Hobbit with the highest SP gain. Then he proceed to use [Run Away] since the Rock Golem gives lower SP and most likely tougher than Treasure Hobbit. This ended up with him obtaining 33 SP from killing Treasure Hobbit.
    • The skill also takes a percentage of his money he has after every successful escape. As his skill level is still 1, the money taken from it is around 60% (but he said he loses around 40% so maybe I'm wrong). This means the higher the skill level is, the less money it takes. For example, at skill level 5, it should be 20% of his money instead.
But ofc I could be wrong. The only think I know is right is that his mom is hot. As expected from a hentai artist :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
The skill also takes a percentage of his money he has after every successful escape. As his skill level is still 1, the money taken from it is around 60% (but he said he loses around 40% so maybe I'm wrong). This means the higher the skill level is, the less money it takes. For example, at skill level 5, it should be 20% of his money instead.
From the WN (MTL), because I can copy and paste it :
"The amount dropped is determined randomly within the range of ({50-10×S.Lv}±20)% of the money you have. The amount you drop will never be negative."
The percentage is in a 40% range and not always the same, but the average is (50 - 10*Lv) %

Dex-chan lover
Though IIRC it only applies to carried funds, so bank balance is safe. In the WN I think it was also a type of drop item that he could exchange/convert to funds outside the dungeon, not actual Japanese currency.
So there is a wn? I tried searching for novelupdates entry, but got nothing.

edit: apparently I should have searched with the english title... wth :p It only has english and jp-alphabet titles, not romanized jp title.

Dex-chan lover
With his current plan, he better hope there are no level based skills. IE; Intimidation: Strikes fear into enemies of a lower level with opponents level (0.1×skill level)×user/monster level or lower being frozen in fear. (I'm assuming a max skill level of 5 for that random math I made.)

I think the stat numbers here don't make sense, but that's not too unusual.
e.g. Mag 15 (chap1, pg33) +120 (Mag Boost, Chp3, p22) = 185 (page 26, CHp3)

He got the anti-poison earrings this chapter, but page 32 Chapter 2 has them on his display?
(Along with Luck 2865...)

Okay, I marathoned the whole WN (260 chapters), and only afterwards did I notice it was the same author as "No Fatigue". I never finished that WN, I got sick of the MC constantly holding the idiot ball in it.

Even though it's a pretty low bar, glad to find a series that considered slavery, sexism, and nationalism to be bad things. But this series occasionally went overboard when it came to philosophizing. It sometimes felt that there were nearly whole chapters pondering about the meaning of existence, running away, and fighting. Still, the series was not bad.

Stats also benefit from (most) skills that aren't directly stat-boosting skills. "X Magic" skills such as fire magic give something like a +50 to both magic and MP.

Fed-Kun's army
I am pretty certain that is what he just realized at the end. IIRC he just realized he can run away to go further into the dungeon.

This is the best training dungeon for now, safe and private.
It is the weakest dungeon in his area, he will leave once he completes it.

He needs to be able to support himself and have his parents not think of him as a looser. He is a unemployed high school drop out.

Also it is not as much needs to but realized he can.

Does it need an explanation?

It is based on the fleeing mechanics from old RPG games, all we need to know is it disappears and magic is involved.

The funds are also a drop from the mobs so do you want an explanation for that as well? because it is "magic"

They respawn immediately anyway thanks to his skill.

Game mechanics are used because there is a target audience understand them more easily thanks to growing up playing video games and they are popular with that audience, if you are not part of the audience, just don't read these stories.

It is not even a Japanese only phenomenon as there is a sub-genre of English literature that uses the same called LitRPG, I think there are a couple other names that could apply/be used as well.

But in this case the game mechanics are key to how the author wants the story to progress, as it the the game mechanics that change how we grows.

Magic is real in his world, that what is world breaking for someone where magic is not real is not going to be world break for a world with magic, and his world is already kind of broken as he just found out magic is real.

Most adventurers in his world are not going off to die, but to grind out a living.
That is what she assumes he is going to be doing.

They actually play it very safe, which is going to come up later.
the SP correction works in reverse, and can get reduced to 0, most adventurers barely earn any SP as a result of facing lower level mobs for safety reasons.
She was not scared off. If you do not recognize the tropes there you are not reading what happened properly.
To put is simply, but not fully, she knows he is in a bad place mentally, but actually cares about him.

Oh and she is a recurring character.

it is a piece of generally good gear for a solo adventurer, depending on how poisons work in the stories world, there can be poisons that do more then damage over time. Alcohol is a poison so something that messes with the mind/senses/reasoning is a real worry.

Though I think she assumed he will go further into to that dungeon and there is a poison slime in it (stated int he same chapter as the earrings BTW since you seem to be only looking for reasons to complain as opposed to thinking about answers)

She wants him to get out of his depression, and the earrings are good gear for the exact dungeon that she expects him to go to.

Unless dungeons are new they tend to know what the mobs in them are, this comes up later as the MC starts looking into the mobs of dungeons to decide which ones to raid.

It is only Ch 3, also the MC is kind of dealing with trauma due to high school bullying.
Said bully is a (but not THE) villain in a later arc, and he will watch her get herself killed
i feel stupid for all the times i do this same thing (listing responses to someone who might not care) but reading someone else doing it feels nice so ill continue to do it (sorry if confusing i dont know how to word sentences)

Users who are viewing this thread