Hazure Waku no Joutai Ijou Skill de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin Suru made - Vol. 8 Ch. 36.2

Dex-chan lover
Them in next chapter
images

Double-page supporter
So it was an Bicorn/Sleipnir fusion basically
Kinda cool ngl
And the shitty goddess showing her true colors once again...

I just want to see her plains bein ruined as fast as possible
And hope the ayaka and her group be fine

Dex-chan lover
How is this monster supposed to survive in the wild if it requires mana injections to transform? I also wonder where the excess mana goes when it transforms back into its first form, is it just releasing it into the air? Seems a bit wasteful, not going to lie. Maybe it'll evolve in the future to be more self-sufficient.

Dex-chan lover
so let me guess, they are going to meet each other and our group is going to save the mentorless' ass group from some gold monster? leading to a tear jerking reunion or something

Dex-chan lover
I can only see this Sleipnir's first form as a sloppy childish painting, while the other two are truly befitting the manga artstyle.
Im not so hot on that horse design, how does it run with 4 legs so close together on each side?
Not a horse expert, but think an ambling gait can be the answer.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Tell that to the Norse who came up with that design. ^^;

Well, considering that Sleipnir was an allegory for the funeral procession that people made when carrying the coffins (four people carrying the coffin on their shoulders), I'd say it was likely either a mistranslation or liberal interpretation of Odin's title of god of the dead.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Well, considering that Sleipnir was an allegory for the funeral procession that people made when carrying the coffins (four people carrying the coffin on their shoulders), I'd say it was likely either a mistranslation or liberal interpretation of Odin's title of god of the dead.

Ummm..yeah... Except that the Norse, Germanic, or Slavic tribes where the imagery originated from did not use coffins.
That's a christian custom that appeared well after the image/concept of Sleipnir was established.

The most logical explanation I've come across is that as the best horse available to Man ( Svadilfadi, the father is a Jotunn horse and is not in the realm of Man, and Loki as the mother is...well.. Loki.. A Jotunn itself.) peeps simply did a thing that you encounter in other mythologies as well: double up on the important aspects. Which in case of a horse is its legs. Cerberus got multiple bitey bits. As did the Hydra. Plenty of examples worldwide: Supercritter = more of the things that makes it what it is/makes it useful or dangerous.

Doesn't mean the eight legs haven't been associated with various, often competing, opinions/allegories over the ages, but the "invention" of the horse goes much further back than we have written sources or depictions, so it's impossible to tell exactly what the original storyteller/priest was on when he thought that one up.

Similar, Odin wasn't God of the Dead. Or but one of them, depending on how you interpret stuff from the Eddas.
Peeps forget ( or simply don't know) that Freya got half of the warrior souls, and other gods got their allotment according to their sphere of influence. That rainbow bridge and apple tree didn't guard itself.. Nor did Friggs fields tend themselves..
The common theme was merit/accomplishment in life got you a place to do what you were good at in the afterlife, and not everyone was a battle-crazed musclebrain..
Hel got the Liars, Oathbreakers, Cowards, and Nithings, but pretty much everyone else got some kind of rewarding afterlife, according to their inclinations and profession.

Users who are viewing this thread