Heisei Haizanhei ☆ Sumire-chan - Ch. 12 - A Woman Who Lost Everything

Dex-chan lover
He's a good kid to say 'we'. I would completely wash my hands of her and the felony she just committed.

JaiyzFR.png

Double-page supporter
Sumire is a 2003 Miata Mx-5, covered in scratches and dents. Lots of fun, but has a habit of backing into the bollards.
Since she's in Japan she'd be a much cooler sounding 'Roadster'.

Miata is North America, Roadster is Japan, MX-5 is everywhere else.

Dex-chan lover
He's a good kid to say 'we'. I would completely wash my hands of her and the felony she just committed.
Yeah, it's very hard to sympathize with Sumire at this point. She just straight-up stole at least the equivalent of $9,000 US (and as much as $13,500, depending on the split) from the only friends she seems to have in the world. Agree with other comments that what had been a fun "comeback" manga now feels contrived and unpleasant. I'll keep reading, but...
:angery:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's very hard to sympathize with Sumire at this point. She just straight-up stole at least the equivalent of $9,000 US (and as much as $13,500, depending on the split) from the only friends she seems to have in the world. Agree with other comments that what had been a fun "comeback" manga now feels contrived and unpleasant. I'll keep reading, but...
:angery:
What she did is called embezzlement and conversion. In Japan embezzlement has a minimum sentence of 10 years and conversion is up to 10 years. Japanese prison is so bad that even the United States objects to it on humanitarian grounds. It's no wonder the country is so orderly.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the last chapter might be a masterstroke to get her to slap herself in the face to resist temptation and try to be a dignified person again, someone who others can idolize. Instead, the entire thing was just treated as a joke.

I had the impression a few chapters ago that this might be the story of a woman who appears jaded and cynical rediscovering her pure heart and bettering herself through gravure modeling. I no longer have that impression. Good luck to those who remain.

Dex-chan lover
She's a total train wreck. Cannot be trusted with money. Cannot be trusted not to steal while rationalizing it away. Cannot be trusted to keep valuable items safe. All she has is her body. She should just join AV and shoot thousands of films. She'd probably get trapped by a pimp/host, drained dry, and be forced to turn tricks for free (100% of proceeds going to her pimp/host). You can't fix her.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation (Sumire is still hot af and I thought this was funny, so I'm still having a good time).

Users who are viewing this thread