Heisei Haizanhei ☆ Sumire-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - A Woman For Whom a Plan is Made

Contributor
Hiyori 100% has a crush on Yuusei. The fact that she approached him and stayed even while he was perusing gravure magazines when most high school girls would scream "gross" and leave after throwing a bunch of insults make me sure.

"She's my cousin."
This man knows his boundaries. No wonder he's unflappable when it comes to Sumire-chan's sexy (if sloppy) feminine charms. Unlike the oneshot, I didn't actually feel he was any bit attracted to her in that way. Then we have the way he describes her. It's like he's a caring younger brother than a potential lover.

The more I see her, the more I think Hiyori seems to even be hopelessly in love with him. She was even scoping him out with questions on what he felt about his sexy cousin, but his answer should let her feel at ease. But there's never any guarantee it'll stay that way, so if she has any intentions of dating him, she has to step up or watch as he eventually falls in love with her.

The loanword スタイル (sutairu) being incorrectly left as-is as just "style" and not translated to the proper meaning of figure/physique/bodyline is actually one of my bigger pet peeves, so kudos to not falling to that trap like many amateur TLs (or MTLers) fall to. Another pet peeve is the loanword ビッチ (bicchi) being left in as "bitch" and not translated to "slut", which is the intended meaning (an accusation of promiscuity as an insult) in almost all cases where I see it getting used against girls in manga.

What she said on p. 10 seems like + シコる (def. 2) to me, so I agree with how that was translated. She basically blurted something along the lines of "Oh of course tall and big-breasted girls like that will have you turbo fapping!" which explains his expression and blushing response: that's something inappropriate you wouldn't expect to hear from a girl her age, plus the busty woman in question is his own cousin!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread