Heiwa no Kuni no Shimazaki e - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - DEAR SHIMAZAKI AND THE LIMITED FIGURINES

VIP
Very deep. Her trauma stems from prison/poverty dynamics, the kid is still suffering from Japan's toxic societal shit "damned if you do, damned if you don't" if he does take some swipes at them, they have authority figures taking their side cuz he's the wierdo for being bullied.
the fuck are you talking about?

Dex-chan lover
the fuck are you talking about?
He's saying that she is entirely incapable of understanding why the kid is unable to fight back with the box cutter. In her world, slashing them would be the right thing to do to establish strength and by extension one's niche in society. In Japan's soto-uchi culture, the opposite would have happened. The kid defending himself would have become the villain.

Thanks for translating this! I’m curious: is this whole manga based on real-life events?

Dex-chan lover
He's saying that she is entirely incapable of understanding why the kid is unable to fight back with the box cutter. In her world, slashing them would be the right thing to do to establish strength and by extension one's niche in society. In Japan's soto-uchi culture, the opposite would have happened. The kid defending himself would have become the villain.
Yes, exactly this. Thanks for making my ramblings more intelligible/legible, I was running off of tired energy in the wee bits of the morning, and also adding the word that defines that cultual phenomenon that annoys me to no end.

Dex-chan lover
They are very dangerous individuals but you have a dangerous society, bullying is no good mostly near emotionally exhausted war veterans

Users who are viewing this thread