Helck - Vol. 12 Ch. 106.7 - Sequel Delay Notice

Okay, but I think it would be better expanded upon in a spin-off or prequel. All of the character's story arcs had finished, so I don't see the need for a sequel. Unless it's going to be a whole new cast.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilikoifish character arcs are done but actual problems are still there as mentioned the north is being defended by the white tiger and black turtle so what’s in the north is are there so many creatures made by the will of the world in there. And the actual dragon empreror has not introduce. And idk if they’ll tackle the east considering north is the place of the will of the world south are for humans west is the unknown lands where piwi comes from (maybe the world tree is there considering piwi is a moss of the world tree) and east has really not been mentioned.

@MangaField
"the heroes defeated the end villain - but wait! Actually the REAL villain was XY all along!!11!“ twists. "
There was 4 boss villains in the last battle (Mikaros, Rafaed, The king and The will of the world) and they were all established as villains well before the last battle. There was absolutely no twists concerning who was the real villain. I can only think of 3 twists in the last battle, the king being an ancient, Mikaros surviving and the will of the world appearing in hyperspace and none of them are like what you mentionned

@Lilikoifish
LOL ,this ended nicely? Yeah it was a "nice" end in the sense that it ended nicely for the characters but there are too many plotholes. The war in the north, the war in the east, we never got to see 2 heavenly king, the empire guardian king and the emperor, that last awakened human who flew off with the hooded man searching for the next Mikaros and the worse of all.... NO PROPER CONCLUSION TO EDIL X HYURA.
"All of the character's story arcs had finished"
Helck is still being targeted by the will of the world (hence why he is always on the move and didn't settle down in the human kingdom) and the contacted, he also vowed to protect the world from them with Vamirio so their fight didn't end yet. Also as I said before, the setting was severly underused so at this point there are more than enough reasons for a sequel.

Dex-chan lover
@mainburn

The fact that I don‘t understand 50% of what you are saying, shows that the mangaka didn‘t do a good job at establishing the main villain.

Also, the endfight lasted too long. It just wasn‘t the story anymore that the mangaka promised in the beginning.

@greatninja3 That's true, there are a lot of things introduced that were not expanded upon. I just feel that they could be expanded upon in a spin-off, rather than a direct sequel. All of the character's arcs had finished at the end of Helck, so I am not really interested in seeing them as the main characters again. I think having the Helck main characters return as side characters would work well.

@MangaField
"The fact that I don‘t understand 50% of what you are saying, shows that the mangaka didn‘t do a good job at establishing the main villain."
Sounds more like an issue with you than with the mangaka, what did you not understand? Everything I stated is something that anyone should know as long as they actually read the manga and have an actual attention span.
The manga isn't hard to follow though it has some pacing issues here and there. We even had a break time (when the king of control offered the liberation of mankind at the cost of Helck's life) in order to process what just happened and what will happen. But I will agree that the last battle lasted too long however you have no excuse for not getting 50% of what I'm talking about. Vamirio explicitely tell Helck and the readers that the world was the main villain before the last battle even began (chapter when they are looking at the monitors of the ancient ruins below the king's castle).

Dex-chan lover
@meinburn

I‘ve read over 400 manga in my life, and I still remember the central conflict/villain of really good stories.
It‘s the mangaka, not me.

@MangaField
Instead of bringing worthless anecdotes how about,(like I previously asked) you tell me the parts of my post that you didn't understand to see if the manga storytelling is lacking or not?

Dex-chan lover
@meinburn

I can‘t tell you that, because it‘s a year since I completed the manga. I only remember a blurry mass of way over-the-top supernatural things for the last third of the story.
And that‘s exactly my point. For example, I can clearly remember the ending of Urasawa’s Monster, despite reading it like 5 years ago. That‘s because it is a great story. Helck was a great story for the first 50%-75% of the story. Then not anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@dummyaccount1234

Apart from the manga everyone is talking about, from the top of my head:

Doubutsu no Kuni: underrated shounen
Kongou Banchou: solid shounen, from the author of Nanatsu no Taizai, except that it‘s way shorter and therefore more consistent
Boku-tachi ga Yarimashita: great study of the minds of teens who accidentally killed people
Homunculus: amazing psychological thriller
Museum - The Serial Killer Is Laughing in the Rain: probably the most unknown manga from those. I‘ve never seen it mentioned anywhere, just stumbled upon it by chance. Really solid crime/detective thriller
Astra Lost In Space: got some popularity due to the anime. A must-read for every space fan
Bio Meat: oldschool survival horror manga
Shigurui: samurai manga in old japan. Quite unique artwork and fight scenes

All of them are good or great manga.

Dex-chan lover
LMAO Doubutsu no Kuni

How the heck do you consider THAT 100% great but Helck’s end game weak? It has the exact same problem of multiple final bosses and changing premise.

Also for my money Raiku’s best work was Gash Bell. Doubutsu has a strong premise... and then it ended with Faudo Arc LOL.

Dex-chan lover
Atleast going by MAL Iken Senki Völundio is not even a spin-off, but "alternative setting". So very very losely connected if at all.

I think thats for the better though, I doubt a real sequel would be satisfying not that Helck and Vamirio have split up.
HELCK HAS A SEQUEL?!

Users who are viewing this thread