Hell Mode: Yarikomi Suki no Gamer wa Hai Settei no Isekai de Musou Suru - Ch. 67 - Copper Room

Double-page supporter
The following comment consists of a lot of assumptions, guesses and conclusions from me about what we learned from Merus in this chapter.
Let us see:
Merus stated that the gods do not mind a “bit of chaos” as long as the world’s balance is retained.
That “bit of chaos” includes world domination, discrimination against other races and even exterminating one or more races altogether.
Then he stated that the gods sent a “negotiator” – the god of conciliation – to the demons.
With the first statement about what is acceptable for the gods = the “bit of chaos” means that the gods would have no issue to make the offer “As long as you (the demon king) guarantee that the world’s balance is kept, we (the gods) will not interfere in your actions even if they include world domination, discrimination against non-demons and the extermination of the human race or/and other races.”.
Even if the demon king intended to destroy the world’s balance eventually, he would most likely accept that offer to gain time to erase all opposition in the world itself, securing his rulership over the world and strengthening his forces before eventually breaking the world’s balance or attacking the gods.
But the demon king refused the “offer” of the gods.
That implies that the gods most likely gave a condition about sealing a part of the demon king’s powers or putting a restrictive magic seal on him or so.
That would be the only explanation why the demon king would not accept such an “offer”.
With the demon forces already being able to keep the other races in check without the high ranking demon generals, s-rank monsters or the demon king himself, the gods showing the intention of weakening the demon king are the higher threat.
As such that also explains why he then organized an attack on the gods’ realm.
Lastly if the gods are concerned about the power of the demon king being able to destroy the world’s balance, that means whoever defeats the demon king and his forces would be an even greater potential threat to that balance and therefore even of even higher concern for the gods.
So Merus – the angel of the highest ranking god – becoming a summon of Allen who plans on defeating the demon king is actually most likely also meant to be a watchdog over Allen.
When Allen then has his final fight against the demon king, Merus could then possibly report the result of that battle to the gods directly.
No matter who wins the battle they would be weakened and the gods would then have an easy chance to get rid of the winner.
Maybe once the final battle against the demon king is over, Merus could unleash his orginal power to attack and kill the weakened survivor – no matter if it is Allen or the demon king.
That is my assumption about the plan of the gods and why Merus actually became Allen’s summon.

Group Leader
Damn that’s a useful angel. Giving buffs according to the enemy’s affinities, launching devastating attacks, and giving us that previous precious LOREEEEEEEEEE!

Also, loved how terrified the flying squirrel was for all of this as he has very clearly broken the rules repeatedly. Even the demon they fought before Called him out for it. Wonder if that’ll ever be an issue or if they’ve got bigger fish to free.

speaking of, definitely concerning that the god of judgement went to the demons and failed to resolve the situation. He’s got the authority to go Armageddon on their asses but didn’t or possibly couldn’t because the demon king was too strong. Also, maybe A possible summons when Allen levels up. He’ll get a new class and it’ll probably be god. I assumed it’d be the creator god but a god of judgement with authority to interfere in the world makes more sense

Interesting to see an angel say that to the gods humans aren't the favoured race, they're just of many.
It’d definitely be more f’d up if they said the opposite. Elves, dark elves, dwarves, beastmen, they can all go suck a lemon. Humans are the only ones we actually care About

Dex-chan lover
i know there's a kind of urgency floating around, but i wonder whether they should have truly gone for the iron golem bosses this quickly. a few better chest drops from the copper boss might have yielded better gear for them overall, or allowed them to reach higher levels with their renewed classes.

then there's this dwarf that simply doesn't wanna share any details even with a party that made it as far as he did. his stubborness might just risk a few more lives, even though he experienced a crashing defeat as well. why would he not care to share details is beyond me.

Group Leader
So the 5th floor is a boss rush, why i have the impression the final room will be all previous bosses together...?
Steam Workshop::Boss Rush Plus - More Varied Boss Waves

Double-page supporter
With how it's going, the boss is gonna be 4 adamantium golems.

And it takes controls of allied golems, explaining how the previous group got destroyed so easily.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! I get that the gods can't interfere too much, but when the demons are literally stealing the relics of the gods and threatening that one god may even die? The demons are literally interfering with the gods themselves but the gods can't do anything back? Are you saying even if they tried to kill the creator god itself they would just be allowed to with no fight or repercussions???

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it matters so much what summons he has at this point. It's pretty much, "random bullshit go!" territory at this point. And maybe the new high rank ones.

Abilities where you don't get experience tend to be powerful but for obvious reasons bad for gaining levels. It's similar to why I don't like using spells like Disintegrate in DnD. Or pushing enemies down chasms.

1% per second isn't that much in a random fight, but awesome in attrition battles.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

That was actually an enlightening revelation from Merus. Chaos and Cosmos works in tandem after all, and in no particular way needs to be in favor, or otherwise, of one specific demographic or another.

Dex-chan lover
Now pokemon have their own pokemon

That said, I do wonder is the demon king really just 5 stars? Or does he have an overpowered extra skill? Cause the hero max level could probably at max even a demon general. And there are stronger ones there

Also I think the dwarves may have stolen the artifact out of greed

Dex-chan lover
Reading along these chapters somehow has the same vibe as grinding levels in an RPG to get to the better parts.

I'm still a fan, but y'know. Anyway thank you for the translation.
NGL MC should be doing more grinding for both gear and experience. TBH at first I thought that's what they were going in the BG, while it's true they did do some off screen grinding, the group as a whole should be grinding floor bosses as frequently as possible.

Instead it feels like they always moving to a new floor, boss, or event rather then efficiently grinding to maximize exp and loot. Yeah I know they are on a timer, but still feels like they will be under leveled and equipped just to keep the power creep down.

Users who are viewing this thread