Hell Mode: Yarikomi Suki no Gamer wa Hai Settei no Isekai de Musou Suru - Vol. 8 Ch. 52 - Heart

Dex-chan lover
I don't recall that we've ever seen the extra skill "full body, full soul" activated. The devil sensed the attack was dangerous, tried to block it but still got wrecked. From the state of the devil, it seems to have done a lot of damage if not won them the battle. It seems Dogora charged with the intention of sacrificing himself and not coming back and maybe that activated the extra skill because it is one that consumes the user's life. It's hard to imagine that something that has done so much damage doesn't have a high cost. I guess we'll have to see next chapter. Maybe it just takes away all his skills/stars/experience and he'll have to return home. Alan will probably try to negotiate with the gods.

Dex-chan lover
damn he is the same kind like Link, gathering extra hearts...

boss:this isn't even my final form! bg_batt2stg.mp3

Dex-chan lover
That buildup and last page didn't feel like it hit as much as it could. Too much chaos to properly depict in manga I guess.

Dex-chan lover
I don't recall that we've ever seen the extra skill "full body, full soul" activated. The devil sensed the attack was dangerous, tried to block it but still got wrecked. From the state of the devil, it seems to have done a lot of damage if not won them the battle. It seems Dogora charged with the intention of sacrificing himself and not coming back and maybe that activated the extra skill because it is one that consumes the user's life. It's hard to imagine that something that has done so much damage doesn't have a high cost. I guess we'll have to see next chapter. Maybe it just takes away all his skills/stars/experience and he'll have to return home. Alan will probably try to negotiate with the gods.

IIRC
It's not a suicide attack, just an attack that leans hard into the RPG Axe archetype - low accuracy (chance to trigger) for higher damage.
And in this case it's strong enough for a 'normal' character to even hurt the devil.

He still die from the boss's counter attack tho.

For people who hate waiting:
Dogora die from the counter, but Sophie finally summon a spirit, the spirit king itself.

With its blessing, everyone got stat boost + cooldown reset (can use extra skill again)
So with a little bit of 'guiding' from Allen ('EVEN Dogora could do it') Kurena start to manage to fight evenly with the devil.
Meanwhile Kiel res'd Dogora.

Devil try to use its big magic attack, which get blocked by Cecil's meteor.
And in that opening Hermios land the finishing blow.

The kill itself straight up give Allen +1 level (no exp amount shown)

In term of rewards, as promised everyone got a level reset for +1 star.
With about half the stats carried over + all the skills.
The spirit king (now spirit god) promise that as a bonus it'll also let someone go as far as 5 stars, which the party agree should be Kurena who would otherwise only get 1 reset (since she's already 3 stars)
So Kurena 3->4
Cecil 2->3
The rest 1->2

Follow by THE God Elmea borrowing the spirit god's body to grant Hermios a rank up reset too (5 star Hero -> 6 star Hero Lord/King)

After that they're heading to the dwarf country to reunite with Meruru as well as to re-level up.

Users who are viewing this thread