Hello, Melancholic! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

...Chika, you silly girl.

Just tell Sakiko how you feel before she gets tired of waiting and start making even more assumptions regarding everything.

Even the MC with all her anxiety issues could see that, so it is kinda of obvious.
-_-"

Now, Sakiko asking Chika bout what she had talked about with the MC was like she was jealous or something like that. Maybe she will assume the wrong thing again. Now that would be quite interesting!

Everyone's talking about Chika and Sakiko, but here I am admiring Dr. Minato, Love Whisperer. She listens to Chika's story and boils it down instantly, and then gives her response while face-down on the table in embarrassment. It's delightful!

I love how we keep seeing all these amazing sides to Minato that show that, for all her anxiety and social issues, she's actually a thoughtful, sensitive person who is really good at picking up on things quickly...as long as she doesn't get in her own way. And I really like that she actually learns from this conversation, and affirms her own desire to strengthen her relationship with Hibiki. Jury's out on whether Minato realizes her interest is romantic just yet, but it's a really positive step.

Dex-chan lover
Their relationship is decent, but it needs a bit of work on Sakiko's end. She's a little too obsessed. Being together is important, but she's so completely focused on Chika that she isn't thinking clearly about their future together, like Chika is.

That said, they're teens still and this is a fixable shortcoming.

I love minato so much. She’s such a genuinely sweet, thoughtful girl. I hope she plucks up the courage to act on her feelings for hibiki

Fed-Kun's army
Oh look if it isn’t like 50 people I knew in high school and college including myself.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, this manga is hitting all the right notes for me.

Like, maybe I've just been lucky and the author wrote exactly the stuff I wanted to read without knowing, but this idea of avoiding change because it might disrupt what you already have with someone else... oof, that hit way too close to home. What a great time I'm having reading this.

Thank you for the TL, Wild.

Aggregator gang
@mmosimca decent?? Ones a selfish manipulative asshole and the other is an overly caring person who doesn't care if she gets hurt to the point she is in an extremely dangerous mentally abusive relationship... If ya "love" someone ya dont fuck anyone whos willing lol

Dex-chan lover
i thought it was a great chapter. i find these two's relationship more compelling than the main 2.

Dex-chan lover
Rereading this years later and dang Chika is a mood, sometimes you end up in those types of relationships but you're just too afraid to take the step to be officially together, because if your fwbs and in love you can ignore the anxiety-inducing feelings that come with a defined romantic relationship

Dex-chan lover
The beginning of their arc was interesting and original, but ending sadly fell to "forced drama for contrived reason" category. Afraid of changing something in order to not ruin what you already have is good reason, but you can't just shove it into any plot and say it's ok like this. Unfortunately lot of mangakas doing just that. And i had really high expectations for this backstory, cause overall it's fantastic manga so far. Hope it's just a one-time blunder

Users who are viewing this thread