Hellstar Remina

i must admit, way better than that shitty gyo story, but somehow even more contrived than all hell. a good bonus was the accurcay of the events, even if not a bit either exxagerated, or underplayed in their effects on the earth itself. i neat thematic theory would be that remina killed planets that showed no sing of intelligent life, and seeing earth behaving like a bunch of idiots, concluded indeed, the planet was braindead. now, following said theme a conclusion regarding the ending would be, they would kill eachother for a slice of bread, given the closes astral body to the solar system is 4. lightyears away, they have no way of steering the bunker, they don't even know they ar at lightspeed or in the same direction, and even tho we never heard of the moons of said planets being destroyed also or venus or mercury, they are both infernos and without a way of landing into them, if indeed the bunker is drifiting into space, at lightspeed. on the extra, shock for the sake of shock, the dreamy girl succumbed to the song, and apparently the japanese government is behind it. an effort to stop overpopulation? soylent green would have been a better option, but then again, shock for the sake of shock, leagues better than the attaché story of gyo with the mountain torture holes made for the dopplegangers of serial prehistoric killers.
sidenote: literally here beause of pyrocynical.

The part where everyone's flying around the world is as ridiculous as the part in Junji Ito's other work, The Spiral, where everyone's creating tornadoes for fun. These moments completely ruin the atmosphere of the story. 🙁

So this is my first experience with Jungi Ito works and holy shit this was a wild ride. The story gets crazier the more you read to the point that it left me at lost for words.

Mob mentality is somehow more terrifying monster than a goddamn Eldritch God.

Users who are viewing this thread