Help me find a manga

Need help finding a fashion(?) themed shoujo manga. Iirc the manga is from 2000s and the art style isn't really different from most shoujo atm. My memory of the plot is kinda foggy, because i read this on second hand manga magazine (and only read parts of it)

MC is your generic quirky girl that really only interested in one thing, in this case sewing old clothes into something new. Male Lead (ML) is your generic popular, rich, and kind guy. The love rival is a rich goth loli that has her own clothing brand, iirc its lolita themed.

ML somehow get to know MC at schools. ML gave MC some sort of challenge in exchange of letting her use an old building as her clothing store. MC brand name is C3, idk what it means. MC began selling her clothes there, then got some intervention from the love rival.

(I actually dont remember anything between this point and tournament arc. Sorry, its been years since i last read it.)

There's a competition to design clothes for an upcoming movie by popular actress. Other than MC and Rival, there's only one other person highlighted in the arc. This person (Genius) is known to has designed popular school uniforms. This is a team competition btw. Most people put their employee as team member.

1st round is making t shirt. Rival make a plain white t shirt with feathers on the backside. Genius made a t shirt with a heart image that's been shot. It was presented with cowboys theme. MC made 3 t shirts and her perfomance is too remake it on stage while the light is off. MC, Rival, and Genius pass the round.

2nd round is making street outfits for the supporting and extras. The other team just brute force their way to make unique outfits by having more people to do the job. MC group, only having 4 people, struggle to brute force, then got some enlightenment from natto to use the mix and match strategy. Only Genius and MC group pass.

3rd round is making uniform for the fictional all girl school for the movie. The school main motto is freedom, individuality, etc. The judge is the supporting and extras for the school girls. The one that was worn by most people is the winner.
Genius made a uniform that looked like a generic all girl school uniform to me(it was praised highly in the manga though). MC uniform is a plain t shirt, a sweater, a skirt with adjustable length (so it can be miniskirt or really long one), a bandana that can be worn anywhere (wear like a ribbon, a scarf, etc), and pin with school logo that can be placed anywhere.
Lots of people pick Genius uniform. Its not until there's this really small girl that pick MC uniform. Then a tall skinny girl pick MC uniform, a chubby girl, a sporty girl, etc. Eventually MC wins.

I haven't read the continuation (if there's any), so idk whats going on after this arc.

@Mysteryota just a shot in the dark. https://mangadex.org/title/5445/gokinjo-monogatari
there is a goth that makes clothes and sells them at flea market. A guy does let the mc use an old building. Art school has a contest and the winner can get to study abroad. The art is, uh, definitely different.

MangaUpdates has the year as 1995-1997 with published by Shueisha (2005)

@schlo
Sorry, i dont think thats the one. The art style i remember has bigger eyes and the characters look more childish.
Thank you for taking your time though ^^

glad to look, sorry it wasn't the one. Maybe some one else will spot the thread and recognize it.

I'm pretty certain I read this several years ago but can't remember it's name off the top of my head. Do you remember which magazine it ran in as that might help?

if you can remember the publisher https://www.mangaupdates.com/index.html lets you search publishers and from there you can find a list of titles published by the publisher

Users who are viewing this thread