Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Ch. 37 - Former Demon Lord, Reads the Map

Dex-chan lover
Someone remind me whats the point of that fox transformed child maid, beside tick it off the harem list.

Dex-chan lover
Author forgot the best girl... It's a real shame, cose the forced relatioship with the princess isn't engaging in any way.
Thanks for the translation
What is logical is that this is a manga based on a light novel with harem tag. Which means that I live and read in fear of the horrors of forced heteronormativity.
There are, proportionaly, as many harem in Yaoi and Yuri as in any other kind of story. So what's hetero in this?

I fell ya though I want more TRUE harems.
For real, if author could actualy stop with these pseudo harem and make real story with character that are more than just "horny for MC"
But sadly self insert kid are too numerous it seem, so we will need to live with it, like we had to do for the last few decade...

Dex-chan lover
Author forgot the best girl... It's a real shame, cose the forced relatioship with the princess isn't engaging in any way.
Thanks for the translation

There are, proportionaly, as many harem in Yaoi and Yuri as in any other kind of story. So what's hetero in this?

For real, if author could actualy stop with these pseudo harem and make real story with character that are more than just "horny for MC"
But sadly self insert kid are too numerous it seem, so we will need to live with it, like we had to do for the last few decade...

I don't get the question?
I'm/we're not reading a Bl or GL rn, that's whats hetero

I also don't enjoy harem in queer fiction, genuine poly stuff is nice (still not my thing though).

I was mainly joking about the fact that because of the idea that two people, from the opposite sex, can't be friends (aka the hetronormative idea that boys and girls need to be romantically/sexually attracted to each other) and the harem tag of the light novel, I live in fear of the hopefully avoidable chapter where Odette falls for the main guy.

Dex-chan lover
"bestest of bestest humans" I need to find the opportunity to use this phrase sometime.

Dex-chan lover
To be realistic, let's say five years max from this point, Odette should already be married off to who knows what noble scion. After that, her life would be extremely restricted, plus she would soon be a mother after that. It's possible competent mages are treated differently, but like was suggested in Odette wondering how Lord and Princess place no importance on noble titles, she, on the contrary, knows that's what really matters in the society and thus binds her down. She would truly need to become a big shot to avoid such a fate and remain in control of her own life.

In short, logically her days with those two dear friends are numbered.
That assumes that it's a patriarchal society, which I'd argue we've seen no evidence thereof (and even European nobility wasn't quite that restricted, historically, though the worst cases are always brought about as if they were standard for the times).

Dex-chan lover
That assumes that it's a patriarchal society, which I'd argue we've seen no evidence thereof (and even European nobility wasn't quite that restricted, historically, though the worst cases are always brought about as if they were standard for the times).
I wouldn't say no evidence, but it's true it's certainly not such a restricted society. One good thing about fantasy is that magic is a great equaliser.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say no evidence, but it's true it's certainly not such a restricted society. One good thing about fantasy is that magic is a great equaliser.
What we've seen doesn't imply patriarchal power, but power through magic and power through a hereditary royalty/nobility. Nothing we've seen implies a woman can't have power, and in fact many things outright confirm the opposite.

Dex-chan lover
What we've seen doesn't imply patriarchal power, but power through magic and power through a hereditary royalty/nobility. Nothing we've seen implies a woman can't have power, and in fact many things outright confirm the opposite.
Of course women can have power. We have seen plenty of women with power and status in the series. The thing is, do women have rougly as much power and freedom as men. Not can they have but do they have. It doesn't seem that way to me. But naturally you can have your own opinion on it.

Dex-chan lover
Of course women can have power. We have seen plenty of women with power and status in the series. The thing is, do women have rougly as much power and freedom as men. Not can they have but do they have. It doesn't seem that way to me. But naturally you can have your own opinion on it.
I'd say that yes they do. The one that has the most restrictions is the "cursed princess", but that's because of the "curse", not because she's female. Otherwise, as shown in this chapter, she just has standard nobility restrictions to not just vanish off somewhere, especially not for almost two weeks of time. We have seen high-ranking mages of both genders (both in the hunters and in council), and we've seen women with power outside of nobility or magic, as well, and it's treated as if it were completely natural, as well- our dear merchant ally being the most obvious example.

Dex-chan lover
To be realistic, let's say five years max from this point, Odette should already be married off to who knows what noble scion. After that, her life would be extremely restricted, plus she would soon be a mother after that. It's possible competent mages are treated differently, but like was suggested in Odette wondering how Lord and Princess place no importance on noble titles, she, on the contrary, knows that's what really matters in the society and thus binds her down. She would truly need to become a big shot to avoid such a fate and remain in control of her own life.

In short, logically her days with those two dear friends are numbered.

Ha ha ha. To think you can walk in the Author's stomach that easily. Your last line is really spot-on.
But your TL;DR is comepletely wrong. Not numbered but eternal.

She will start her faction (with MC and Princess)
Not even a king can touch her by then. She will have the same politics power as the crown prince and that white sage.
Her asshole Father will be mentioned in the next chapter (by novel), just to run with tail between his legs (in 4 chapters, I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread