Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Former Demon Lord, Visits the Commerce Guild

Dex-chan lover
escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Dex-chan lover
its... a strange feeling to see the big reveal and reunion this early on and not be dragged out for a hundred chapters where they are unknowingly next to eachother the entire time, and this endowement thing is a first for these reincarnation series, or at least, i've never seen anything like it before.

Dex-chan lover
Gosh darn it I finally binge to read and catch I wanna see more of their reactions!!

Dex-chan lover
I'm with all the people cheering on the author for not dragging it out.

And note MC even signed his name as "Dean Nosferatu", since MC was situationally aware and recognized the artifact was likely trying to verify his true identity. Without having to have it infodumped, or spelled out. (Valuable manga panels saved; character doesn't appear as an idiot.)

And not dense as a load of bricks like all other JP author MCs.

Dex-chan lover
Dude I read further in the WN and every chapter it's becoming more and more hilarious. Hilarious as in like the implication-way, not in a joke-way. It's like when you accidentally step on a dragon's tail but that dragon is a bunch of minecraft villagers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Okay finally some backstory as what happened after his death.

I'm with all the people cheering on the author for not dragging it out.

And note MC even signed his name as "Dean Nosferatu", since MC was situationally aware and recognized the artifact was likely trying to verify his true identity. Without having to have it infodumped, or spelled out. (Valuable manga panels saved; character doesn't appear as an idiot.)

And not dense as a load of bricks like all other JP author MCs.
I'm so glad they didn't drag this story out as some harem bait for like ages while we danced around are they the reincarnates or not for like 100+ chapters. So many other series would have loved doing that. While feeling a little asspully and contrived and over accepting, I'd prefer that to 100+ chapters of wheel spin bullshite.

Dex-chan lover
honestly thought it was too fast for him to reveal his identity by legit just writing his real name since it only needed his hand writing and magic but the chapter was still good since it actually made me tear up a bit

Dex-chan lover
thought it was too fast for him to reveal his identity
That's like some author writing their JP MC trying to "not stand out" and "wanting to blend in"...
...when getting off an airplane and someone waiting for them is holding a "Reservation for Mr(s). _______" sign.

It's cringe and stupid. And quite frankly quite upsetting when authors try pulling this in their WN/LN to "look cool".
(It's a different matter if they clearly stated it was "Jason Bourne" spy conspiracy beforehand and built plot as such.)

The sign on the firm is his castle. The logo is his bat. And their mission in life is to find him.
So far as to give their prized daughter/betrothed to commit ritualistic suicide using reincarnation artifacts.

There's JP author MC dense. And then there's simply Emotional IQ blind and rude.
We've simply been normalized to this sort of bad writing, as a literary crutch.

Footnote: Although, I do cede your point of potential timing concerns. I am going to have to re-read and see why Dean/Yuuki wanted to remain mum. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his maid, and potential standing issues if he wants to form a relationship with her (or protect her). Being the princess's guard and consort paints a target on his family's back, I mean -- that's a valid concern to avoid revealing his identity. We haven't seen what that crazy church is doing (in the manga) yet.

(Chapter 35 in WN)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Footnote: Although, I do cede your point of potential timing concerns. I am going to have to re-read and see why Dean/Yuuki wanted to remain mum. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his maid, and potential standing issues if he wants to form a relationship with her (or protect her). Being the princess's guard and consort paints a target on his family's back, I mean -- that's a valid concern to avoid revealing his identity. We haven't seen what that crazy church is doing (in the manga) yet.

He wanted to remain inconspicuous initially because him being such abnormal existence seem to be what led to Elysian Temple coming after him.

Once he hear that Alice/Iris (he asked for 'Iris's own opinion too, since Alice already shown her resolve with the reincarnation) feelings that they want to marry him, he basically move on to 'ok, let's figure out how to make it happen'

So it's not like remaining inconspicuous is the top priority.

btwAlice's parents led a group of villagers to infiltrate the ranks of the temple to crush them from within, that's kinda how the Elysian temple fell.
(those parents are actually stonk)

Users who are viewing this thread