Henkyou Gurashi no Maou, Tensei shite Saikyou no Majutsushi ni naru - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - Lord of Phantom's First Startup Experiment

Dex-chan lover
il_570xN.2885404230_tb41.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Time to go berserk! I hope it doesn't require that they need Yuuki to stop it again. I think anymore involvement this soon, it might start to leak out who he really is to other parties.

As for that old man, I highly doubt he's just testing it for the sake of it. Maybe he's in cohoots with the remaining Elysium members.

Dex-chan lover
Is that old man on crack or something ? ô_o..

And looking at the person Dorothea had put in there, it feels more like its sucking the Life-force out of someone and turns them into literal Batteries that just execute orders 😐

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Time to go berserk! I hope it doesn't require that they need Yuuki to stop it again. I think anymore involvement this soon, it might start to leak out who he really is to other parties.
highly unlikely, as it drains the user's life force. The real risk is her dying in there first.

As for that old man, I highly doubt he's just testing it for the sake of it. Maybe he's in cohoots with the remaining Elysium members.
tbh I don't think so at all. If he is a member of that cult, why would he test it more? All he would do is kill a few people there including himself, mostly C and B ranks. However, if he fails to kill everyone, the true power of the Lord will be known, and the Magic Guild will feel much more threatened of the Elysium cult and do their best to eradicate them.

this is just an arrogant old man who acts very impulsively.

That's right, when doing experiments change up the conditions on the fly and keep going without analyzing what you've done so far because that's how science works.
you do realize that this is a magical world, and the "experiment" is just them testing out the Lord's ability on the fly right? They don't even have failsafe or any back-up plan in case something goes wrong.

anw, thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
That's right, when doing experiments change up the conditions on the fly and keep going without analyzing what you've done so far because that's how science works.
Er, while your sarcastic quip is accurate to a great many things, this test would be empirically sound given the previous tests being conducted, as a reasonable next step in testing its capabilities. The magic fired so far was magic that was cast and cut off from its source, while a golem is continuously powered, which could change how it reacts defensively compared to how it was performing against other spells; similarly, whether or not it can punch through a golem would be a reasonable test of its offensive capabilities, knowing what they know of its defensive ones.

Now, this said, how the old man changes things up and orders her to sit there and take the hit? That's no longer science, there's some sort of ulterior motive going on, and he's abusing the fact that Cain is there as a magician and not the prince to take control of the situation as he has, given his higher rank. Whether it's to cause a stain upon Cain's reputation as the test was carried out under Cain's suggestion, or because he's part of the Elysium Temple, or just being a shitbag in general, though, we'll find out in the next chapter (or some other future one, if it decides to suddenly jump-cut and leave us hanging).

Dex-chan lover
Prince is nice.

Thinking something is too uncertain to try is very different from seeing the benefits and applications of it.

"Then you can just bribe him."
That's a bit naïve. A lot of people, sure, you can bribe them, but not everyone. Although it depends on what you're bribing them for.

If you start with an experiment you end it if anything seems wrong. Insisting on seeing it to the end is risky.

Yeah, he's out of sensibility and operating on pride.

you do realize that this is a magical world, and the "experiment" is just them testing out the Lord's ability on the fly right? They don't even have failsafe or any back-up plan in case something goes wrong.
That doesn't mean you should throw safety and procedures out the window.

Dex-chan lover
old man, could have just waited a little, but nooo, he wasn't even told he had to wait a long time 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread