Henkyou no Roukishi: Bard Loen - Ch. 68 - Brother and Sister

Dex-chan lover
"eyes contain fear" I wonder why? Maybe she is scared to go back to her loving but very much so still adhering to a decent amount of traditions noble family?

It is nice to see a big brother be so happy to see his sister though.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that was what I meant with freedom. Daughters of nobles tend to be political tools w/o autonomy.
^this, and the comments it addresses. From the onset, it was clear that Doriatessa was constantly being jerked around because of tradition. Arguably it is their way, so she's already going against the grain. The favour she'll likely ask for is going to wind up akin to official recognition, and subsequently her protection, which will clear her path for her. If the King so proclaims it at the tournament, everyone will find it more difficult, if not impossible to legally interfere with her further.
I thought I read sonewhere earlier that Doriatessa would end up being something of a romance for Bard, but maybe I misremembered the comment, I cant find it. Ah, well...it woulda been an age gap romance but not that much of one as Doriatessa isnt a teenager iirc but an adult woman, and I woulda liked Bard to have someone in his heart after Aidra. But like I said, ah well.
I sensed this could be possible. Based on their interactions, and Doriatessa's desire to continue travelling with them. She trusts him, country Knight or no, and Bard has more than proven his character and virtue. I'd presume Doriatessa would greatly respect that, and perhaps find such qualities were in short supply at home and among her potential matchmaking partners. At the least, the author seems to be hyping up how great it would be to continue travelling with Sir Bard, and this kind of exhibited character would be good leverage to convince her father.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
^this, and the comments it addresses. From the onset, it was clear that Doriatessa was constantly being jerked around because of tradition. Arguably it is their way, so she's already going against the grain. The favour she'll likely ask for is going to wind up akin to official recognition, and subsequently her protection, which will clear her path for her. If the King so proclaims it at the tournament, everyone will find it more difficult, if not impossible to legally interfere with her further.

I sensed this could be possible. Based on their interactions, and Doriatessa's desire to continue travelling with them. She trusts him, country Knight or no, and Bard has more than proven his character and virtue. I'd presume Doriatessa would greatly respect that, and perhaps find such qualities were in short supply at home and among her potential matchmaking partners. At the least, the author seems to be hyping up how great it would be to continue travelling with Sir Bard, and this kind of exhibited character would be good leverage to convince her father.
What? She's clearly either in love with the princess or hot for Kahz.

Dex-chan lover

"Ratings are stellar. Get her signed as regular cast starting next season."
- Me, channeling a TV show Executive Producer

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translations!!! one of my favorite manga to leave alone for a while, piling up chapters

can't wait to see where this goes

Users who are viewing this thread