Her Tale of Shim Chong

I love this story so much i binged it all night and in the morning went right back to read it over again.. it was SO HARD to find a full translation of this so for those of you just discovering, please find the full english translation at webtoon dot xyz.. i am not a shill , just love this tale of shim cheong.

Beautiful, literally a peace of art. I think I've never seen so much character development in a story. All the characters are very well written and understandable. Even though I don't know much about japanese culture I feel like this manhwa is heavily inspired by it - the recreation of japan in the middle ages seems very genuine. You really get to hate the antagonists and wish for nothing but a happy end for the protagonists, and I can't help but feel a lot of sympathy towards some of the side characters. Everyone has their own circumstances and I can understand all of their actions, under the circumstances and morals during that time.

I'm just writing about the end here, so if you're fine with light spoilers, go ahead.
I really loved the end and how every character kind of finds a place- I was really uneasy about cheong and the other female lead and how they would survive, given how hard it seemed to make a living back then.

All in all, in my opinion a 10/10 masterpiece. If this isn't one then what is. I literally read this during school lessons because I got so hooked on the tension throughout the story.

I almost died thinking
that they'll never be together. Thanks Dragon Queen to help them.
I loved their story :')

Anyone know a similar manga to this? Doesn't have to be historical but the same caliber of story.

Group Leader
¡¿QUÉ?!
AH NO, AHORA ME HE QUEDADO CON LAS GANAS DE SABER SU VERDADERO NOMBRE!

Por favor, no pueden hacerme esto :(

This, is top tier, deserves more recognition. I would love to buy it on paper in my native language.
10 out of 10, nothing to change, perfect.

Dex-chan lover
VERY solid manhwa. Great art, great characters, arguably one of the best Yuri manhwa out there.

But felt like it was lacking in one important part, perspective. Nearly the whole manhwa was shown threw exclusively Shim chong's perspective. I wish the author's would switch perspectives every now and then . I'd love to see Madam Jang's perspective or even the mother dicthcok's perspective!

Another thing, it would've been better if Madam Jang's backstory was in an earlier chapter. I know her backstory was shown in the later chapters bcs of that plot twist. But still it would've been nice to see even just a small snip-it of her backstory.

All and all though it ended beautifully, couldn't ask for a better ending!
Recommended? Yes, a big thumbs up for me

56d23df02a5bf22e9afc1e2323dfc798.jpg

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
This beautiful story needs a lot more attention. I thought it would be a dead ending since the background story is so fcked up. But the ending is much better than I thought.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Wow, I love this one so much. Definitely ended up being much more wonderful than I imagined when I started reading it. For those wondering, hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, it definitely has a happy ending. Make sure to search this on other manga sites as the two absolute best chapters in the series are missing from the very end of it here.

Really good manga with a well written plot. The manga is light on the Yuri aspect compared to most Yuris I’ve read, but I really enjoyed each chapter of this manga a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread