Here U Are - Vol. 1 Ch. 137.3 - Side Story 3

Comments be like "don't make him gay" but his hair is mcfreaking pink the boy ain't straight

@themadmeg I absolutely agree with your comment!

On the one hand, I wouldn’t mind if the story focused on their friendship and left it at that. For these two it’s always been about the emotional support first and foremost, putting all romantic implications aside. Where the main story left them though, these two were in the realm of the forever unspoken and unfulfilled “what if” of being something more.

So on the other hand I’d also be happy with what looks like is more likely, that do end up in a romantic relationship together, because sexuality is fluid and can evolve over time. For Yuan to realize he has deeper feelings for Huan Wen isn’t coming out of nowhere; as others have said, they’ve been close for years after they’ve left university. The boundaries between emotional intimacy and physical intimacy can sometimes naturally become overlapped. And personally I think the evolution from friendship to romance here would be incredibly sweet, organic, and realistic too.

In either case, I’m really excited to see where this goes, because I’ve become really invested in Huan Wen.

@themadmeg what’s the problem with demisexuals though? 👀

Honestly, I’ll be happy with whatever outcome, whether they keep their cute wholesome platonic relationship or if Yuan ends up falling in love with Huan Wen.

sometimes people take a while to come into their sexuality and figure out who they're attracted to. im glad djun took the time to demonstrate that yuan took at least 6 years to realise that his feelings towards huan wen weren't just strictly platonic.

also the way some of y'all obviously don't believe bi people exist.... for shame.

@driftingabove no issues with what it entails. Just, the terms like demisexual and sapiosexual just seem to be tacked on by internet for simplicity. Its, er, mainstream?

@themadmeg what a great and concise comment, i completely agree !! sexuality isn't stagnant (tho it may feel like it for some) and it's smth that's not limited to age, which is great to see being portrayed very sincerely if djun decides to take this story there ^^

i definitely love the mention of the timeline and how we, as an audience, are engaging with this story vs the characters actually living through their experiences bc it's true -- we're consuming this content on a weekly basis and for some, there's a tendency to forget that these relationships and and individual character developments have been changing over time. maybe the pacing seems sudden bc we're reaching the epilogue stage where everything is coming to a head in a short side story for them, but the time skip also allows us to see how everyone's dynamics have changed (or not) for these brief snippets. really happy to see the side characters getting their chance to take the stage one last time tho, this series has been nothing but an incredible read!

Aww I love it! What a great couple!🥰

Thanks so much for the update!😊

Thu-bump
Oh you beautiful dears, please stop making each other so sad despite making each other happy. The constancy of Huan Wen's love for Yuan is heartbreaking, more so because Yuan's platonic love for Huan Wen is equally deep and consistent. The length of time feels natural for shy Yuan. Don't give up Huan Wen!

FINALLY SOME PROGRESS.

It’s worth noting that sexuality and love are not mutually exclusive. You can fall in love with someone you’re not sexually attracted to, and you can be in a relationship even if there’s no sexual desire. Maybe we call it a friendship, maybe we call it a formal relationship, but love is love.

With how wholesome both have been for so long, I wonder if this is a broader direction the author is thinking of.

My favorite lil duo in this entire story!! I don't know how I managed to look forward to their story more than the main one but it happened 😅 I am at the edge of my seaaatttt!!! I can't imagine how HuanWen will react to whatever Yuan says 😱 but I imagine it might contain a few happy tears ㅋㅋ

yes yes yes! thank god its being reciprocated. damn now they better end up together. ily author san but if they dont end up together imma be very upset with u

6 years!? poor huan wen. also im so proud of oink for overcoming his stutter and pursuing his passion. I'm inspired.

Users who are viewing this thread