Heresy - Ch. 22 - Leaving the Sect

So the dude who almost killed him can now become his master ? Plz do ! I guess that he was the guy that was supposed to be .... Vanquished (?) by the sect elders 10 yeaars ago. I hope he is cause that will go to show how much of a badass he is !

XL

Dex-chan lover
Wow that's a snooze of an arc ending. Hope the next one doesn't suck as much as this one.

Thanks for the notes at the end, I was kind of confused.

Pathetic and anti climactic. He should have killed him right there, as the spirit said, is that really worth 5 fucking years of his life? And the guy took advantage of him, why still trust him and the girl who tries to defend him. I also don't get what the promise she made him is but it's either what he already got or something worthless because the spirit still complained that that was all 5 years of his life was worth to him.

Like if he killed him I would think of him less as a character. Shit happens and worse thing happen in real life, but you don't go killing everything on sight. I'm just glad this is an actual story rather then a power fantasy self fulfillment trip.

Dex-chan lover
I thought this will be an academy like story, but he go adventuring, nicee

Sorry, can someone remind me why he's leaving the sect? Just because he cant really move up in the sect so train outside? Anyways -- Excited to see the next arc. This is a great take on xianxia (especially because its not just a hot 1:1 take of all the same, well at least its written/drawn move fluid and gets the good parts without feeling repetitious a la others, at least for now lolol but i have hope)

since comments want this:

THE SECT IS TRASH! THAT MASTER IS TRASH! DIE TRASH! TRASH TRASH! DIE DIE! TRASH! (lol) l8rz h8rz 😎

Adventuring outside might bring him possibly better stuff than staying in the sect. Of course the danger exponentially rises as well though but then again xianxia-ness story so he should be gaining a lot and studying under the that sword soul (who might betray him also).

@permisan he's not leaving the sect, he didn't get to become an inner sect disciple so he's being sent out as an outer sect disciple to represent the sect in its affairs with the external world. Inner sect disciples stay and cultivate learning the secrets of the sect while outer sect disciples handle jobs that the inner sect can't bother with but still need to do to maintain their resources and standing with the outside world.

@Aldebaran there's no benefit in killing him now that they're out of the contest. Killing an inner sect disciple will pretty much give him the death sentence, and he's not anywhere strong enough to defy the sect like that. You'll see in a future arc what happens to sect members who have an execution order on them.

@robotcat thanks, yeah i didnt mean to say leaving sect like not part of it. repping the mortal world/affairs fits the bill to my question thanks.

damn nice, i wish there are no vacum period for the next arc
LOL

thank you so much for the release

@aldebaran people like this is why so many of these stories are just self-transplant/wish-fulfillment type narratives.

People make mistakes, and they learn from them. That's how life works. Aren't you tired of reading that trash all the time? Why do you insist on making everything the same garbage?

Aggregator gang
Have to say, the narrative in this is pretty poor.

1. Randomly jumps over some scenes forcing you to extrapolate some fairly significant events (he was about to kill the merchant bro - and all of a sudden they're cool, lian beibei fights and apparently is beaten by wubing in shen dreamland, why is she randomly waiting for MC in the forest, etc).
2. Story lacks flow and impetus, just jumps from scene to scene without any real sense of overarching narrative or continuity/progress
3. What an weak and anticlimactic end to this arc.. just fizzles out

Superb art and great worldbuilding but the storytelling is really letting this series down. You can tell the creator is an artist first and storyteller second. This is where usually editors help - but from reading this, I don't think this series (or webcomics in general?) has an editor.

Users who are viewing this thread