Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Strategy Congress

Double-page supporter
Machiavelli wasn't wrong about mercs. To dismiss his advice because he didn't have much military experience is nothing short of foolishness and hubrys. The dude was a diplomat who witnessed first hand the conduct of mercenary companies in the italian wars. While it is true that not all merc companies switched sides all the time, they were generally less trustworthy than regular troops. Units like the Swiss Guard of the Pope were by no means the rule, as a matter of fact that's why they're remembered unlike many other companies. Also, the National Guard of France sided with the government, so I don't know where the betrayal is.

Dex-chan lover
So what was the resolution here? I get that he didn't reduce the navy, but I can't what he's saying about the army. What's this about "adding 3000 men" but then followed with "30,000 non-commisioned officers"?

Also what's a long archer? Is that the author's way of saying they're using a longbow or at least a long-ranged bow?

@KriegGuardsman In the end, the emperor trust Machiavelli to some degree and consider that without a strong and proper army this can be quite risky. But he also needs to consider the exception and that Machiavelli isn't some sort of god that's right about everything. Plus, I don't think he brought any theory/proves for that like he often did in The Prince.

[TL;DR The Emperor agrees with him, but note that Machiavelli is pretty bias too there]

Dex-chan lover
10 000 archers, 10 000 heavy cavalry, 3000 foot soldiers and 30 000 non-commissioned officers? what the fuck is going on with this army?

Dex-chan lover
Is he a Simp or is he a Chad? Dunno but our boy sure got his priorities straight. I don't mind even if he's a simp.

8-3a8997a8ea7764fe407c9052d77b3282205cd7761118086e7ac4b3c4f15448ce.png

Dex-chan lover
All rejoice at the return of the Simp Emperor! If the Queen wills, he will even create an invincible army! o7

Dex-chan lover
Is this chapter uploaded via md@h or what? It doesn't properly load

Dex-chan lover
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'll give you a reward."

A real man will not let this chance away, given its from Carolina....
Just thinking about the reward brings MC's body adrenaline production functions to the maximum...

Lol, that's greek peninsula.
So first battle is reclaim greek peninsula from norman huh?
Yes cataphract is outdated, too slow and too expensive.

Heavy cavalry is still cavalry, and is devastating against light infantry. Heavy cavalry was only ever phased out because of guns.

Double-page supporter
I'm sorry but did they SERIOUSLY have an army with NO INFANTRY prior to this???

Dex-chan lover
Since when was heavy cavalry bad against light infantry? What is the use case of heavy cavalry in this world? Money laundering?

Users who are viewing this thread