Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.2 - Hadrianus, Titus, Hercule (2)

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, wait

The first son literally attacked a child while they were sleeping or he literally raped them? I don't want to stare at the scene too much, so can someone tell me?

And btw, the first son is indeed a scumbag, but the main factor is the king. He spoiled him too much and blamed the other son when his first child was misbehaving, instead of fixing the misbehaving. He hoped that his first son would be a king, but when the odds were that his first son wasn't eligible, he completely neglected him and moved his attention to the other sons. I can't really relate to someone like him.

Dex-chan lover
The Chair of Death is a real thing, and it's hung off the ground in a museum for obvious reasons.

Dex-chan lover
the former king really was completely useless, both as a king and father.

Group Leader
If you take any money for whatever reason for scanlations then you are scum.

Also your proofreader sucks lol so many glaring mistakes for a patreon group

Dex-chan lover
@Bentoki
That may be your view as a scanlator but from the view of neutral party reader it doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Of course, an ideal such arrangement would be working directly with the publishing company for the material for it to be more legal, but besides that, I don't harbor ill will unless people are holding material hostage.

To be fair, I have seen that happen for manwah translation a lot more often than manga. I wonder why.

Group Leader
As a scanlator and someone who does official work, there's legitimately nothing wrong with it (beside the legal aspect) outside purposely holding releases back for money. Scanlation is not something that is done very quickly in most instances, and it can absolutely incur costs for a variety of different reasons.

I don't get why people care about the patreon thing. They were releasing chapters for free anyway. I'm thankful for that. Trying to cover costs for something you do for free is reasonable.

Group Leader
@Elmithian

You're not considering the logistics & morals of it. They are uploading another persons work that they have spent countless hours on and profiting off it. They have no prior agreement and are just making money off another persons work. Scanlation is to allow people to read something that they wouldn't be able to because of the original language, anything beyond that (which is still sketchy) and you have ulterior motives.

Scanlation is uncostly, if you aren't willing to put your time into it then do something else. There is literally no reason to pay a scanlator for anything ever, if you want to support somebody then SUPPORT THE FUCKING AUTHOR OF THE SERIES. Also the point is that these guys were holding material hostage.

Dex-chan lover
@Bentoki I think an older model that used to be done would be better. It as a paypal system. And translators would do some work for free and then do extra chapters for about $60. It was a one time payment and the product is given to the community.

The patreon thing got big because some translators who thought regular releases were more important than rushed releases (like a chapter daily instead of 7 chapters in one day but then a few days of having nothing) and patreon was a way to give early access so that they could focus on translating.

To me, that always felt like a slippery slope.

The paypal thing was fine to me because that felt like you were getting a one time payment from the community. And it was just incentive for them to work faster and they'd have given it even if someone didn't pay. But to me, pateron was too much of a business.

To me, the best system (that I don't really see anymore) is when the translators just tell you on their site how much they need to get the scans and what not.

TL;DR I don't think getting money is at it's core wrong, but I feel it becomes too much of a slippery slope.

Group Leader
@deathmailrock no there is literally no reason to accept money for scanlating anything ever. You shouldn't even let people pay you money nor should you give a scanlator money for anything ever. Raws are incredibly cheap (in most cases free), most scanlators pirate photoshop or even use gimp and websites are unnecessary but still incredibly cheap. The running costs are barely anything, to put things into perspective, I've scanlated about 500 chapters in my time and collectively all the groups I have been in have probably spent about $100 in total over the span of about 6 years. If you consider the hundreds of people that I have worked with, that cost is absolutely nothing, do not donate to scanlators.

How can I say, truth is that, as per any economists, we are not reading the comics free at MD. We are using our time for it and we could have done something else too but we chose to come here.

So guys/gals claiming that it's okay we are reading for free or what not please put into the mind that we are also not getting it for free. Scanlators too are not doing it for charity, there can be any cause but they too are using their time for this so they want to do it too.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation as always

@abc1230 I guess the problem is, other than paid fan-scanlation is a bit of a grey area since it's kinda illegal, making it some form of time-gating might be a bit pushing it.

Thanks for the chapter and the hard work translating it. Its hard for fan translations to get any money since it can cause more legal issue where the translators are earning money from translation a manga which does not belong to them so its not something to be done lightly.

Dex-chan lover
Hadrianus III was really an incompetent Father and king. BTW what was in that bag? I don't mind a little spoiler. Can anyone tell me?

anyone who bitches at one another no matter which side can eat shit. I just wanna read muh fucking manga in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread